Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SOS terrible day

Featured Replies

I've had a terrible day, haunted with flashbacks and memories and I soooo felt like smoking or taking extra nicotine gum. I feel awful. Wish this day is over... So SOS since I'm freaking out

Redirect

Get moving

Use you super powers

Hi Evelyn, so sorry to hear that you are having a crappy day! I am glad that you have posted an SOS, because that means that you do not want to smoke - you just want a hug or a kick up the backside (or both!).

 

It sounds like your day has already been hard up until now... And you got this far without smoking. This just proves that you do not need to smoke! Smoking will absolutely not make your day better, but worse, so stop thinking that a cigarette is going to do anything positive for you!

 

You are almost at 2 weeks, and you know as well as I do that it gets easier after that. Asking as you can remain smoke free today, then you will be stronger tomorrow - every battle won will help you win the war, but you can only fight on battle at a time ;)

 

I know you can do this!

Hi Evelyn, so sorry to hear that you are having a crappy day! I am glad that you have posted an SOS, because that means that you do not want to smoke - you just want a hug or a kick up the backside (or both!).

 

It sounds like your day has already been hard up until now... And you got this far without smoking. This just proves that you do not need to smoke! Smoking will absolutely not make your day better, but worse, so stop thinking that a cigarette is going to do anything positive for you!

 

You are almost at 2 weeks, and you know as well as I do that it gets easier after that. Asking as you can remain smoke free today, then you will be stronger tomorrow - every battle won will help you win the war, but you can only fight on battle at a time ;)

 

I know you can do this!

  • Author

Still smokefree - going to watch a 'safe' Disney movie after dinner no violence or crime, drama etc. I'm holding on. Going to eat spinach with potatoes.

If you pray- PLEASE Pray for me that I'll be able to ground in the here and now :) 

That sounds nice Evelyn - I hope that you enjoy your movie!

 

Please remember to try to get some sugar, as that will help with the crave - either sweets or juice will do it.

 

I will pray for you, remember that. Hang in there!!

  • Author

Sugar huh? I'm on it, lemonade will suit right?

Sweetie that sounds like a bad day, of which I don't have any advice to offer you. But yes I will send strength and prayers for you, that I can do.

 

I can also tell you if you just get past the smoking thoughts minute by minute if you need too, they will pass. IT ALWAYS PASSES and what you're left with is sweet freedom and a quit that's intact. xx

Evelyn, you are doing great. Posting an SOS and asking for help is just a sign that you DO NOT WANT TO SMOKE.

 

You are stronger than you think. Do treat yourself for doing so well... you deserve it.

 

And I won´t give you a kick, but a hug (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Evelyn)))))))))))))))))))))))))) :friends:

 

p.s. do not watch Bambi.... :cray:

  • Author

Laying in bed- through with the day

That´s another day done and dusted. And you have kept your quit, bravo!. :yahoo:

 

Hopefully tomorrow will be better... sure! It WILL be better! :yes:

 

:give_heart:

big hugs, positive vibes, and prayers for you Evelyn.

 

One day at a time

 

 

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Evelyn))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hang in there. Smoking will not make a crappy day better-but will cost you your quit.

Each day it gets a little better if we just NOPE :)

(((Evelyn)))

 

I like to watch Spongebob Squarepants, Regular Show or Adventure Time when I am freaking out.

I'm not kidding here. It has helped me in the past.

:)

Sometimes Evelyn, going to bed early is the best thing because tomorrow is a brand new day and a new beginning.  Please, never give up hope.  Not with your quit and all of the other things that you have to deal with.  This train runs 24/7 only stopping to pick up a few and here and there and of course coal for the fires, but other than that, we're always running on time, especially since The Watchman's Gone.  :)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ92sS8WwGM

  • Author

Didn't smoke thanks everyone for being with me

Yay you Evelyn - great job posting an SOS - you can do this - remember we are all here to support you !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.