Insomnia

Trish

yes Trish it does :( I had that too in the early days but it does settle down

do you drink alot of caffeine drinks like tea, coffee and soda? as this affects are bodies more during the early weeks of quitting

Ha!  I did both legs yesterday...that will hold me over for at least a week or two!  The only soda I drink is root beer...no caffiene.  I don't drink coffee.  If it's not insomnia lately it is crazy dreams!  I was exhausted this afternoon and fell asleep for about two hours.  I know that is the problem.  Now I will pay for it tomorrow.  It's a viscious cycle.  

Exercise...not much.  I walked two of the dogs today but not very far bc we ran into the mean dog down the street (off leash)...so we had to turn back.  Was planning on taking the other two for a walk/run later (after mean dog settled down) but it started to thunder and the girls are extremely afraid of storms.  I am back in my mid-day slump.  I am great in the mornings and evenings, but from about 1pm to 4 or 5pm I feel a bit lost.  I have no motiation and I feel like I am missing out on something?  Can't shake this feeling.  Sometimes I fall asleep (I absolutely HATE naps).  I wake up a B*tch and then can't sleep at night.  

Poor you. I hate mean dogs not on a leash!! I'm sorry your girls don't like the storms either.

It will get better Trish. I didn't know if I was awake or asleep in the early days but I sleep SO MUCH better now than I ever did. Hang in there you got this!!

Sounds like you need a mid afternoon activity...its all this extra time that we get gifted as non smokers...

So - some ideas:

1. Music? Learn an instrument?

2. Painting - a home painting course?

3. Interior design - as above but on the walls!

4. Sewing / crafts?

5. Cordon Bleu cookery? Hubbie will like...

6. Pole dancing ;)  (Tell hubby he owes me big time if you go for this one!)

7. Blogging?

I think you turn mid-afternoon slump into mid afternoon new hobby time...

Now - GO TO SLEEP :D

• Like 1

Yes EB, I agree!  I like the crafts one.  I have been making bird feeders lately and have some more ready to go.  I also bought a pan to use as a mold the other day.  I would like to try to make my own landscaping borders bc they are so expensive!  I have so many things I can do I just need to get the motivation to do it!!

i used to listen to those youtube hypnosis videos either the quit smoking ones or the peace of mind ones - dont worry you wont run around like a chicken lol but it does settle the mind and I have to say I havent yet had a quit dream but I cant say for sure that that was why?? but worth a try?

• Like 3

i used to listen to those youtube hypnosis videos either the quit smoking ones or the peace of mind ones - dont worry you wont run around like a chicken lol but it does settle the mind and I have to say I havent yet had a quit dream but I cant say for sure that that was why?? but worth a try?

LMAO.  No way!! I used to listen to those too!! haha.  I gotta listen to them again when I can't sleep.

Trish....you gotta try listening to those vids.  Just not the jungle sounds with water, because they'll make you wanna pee. 

• Like 2

My sister told me a while bacck to get Melatonin (1mg)  She said even if you wake up at like 3am you can take one or half but not be groggy in the morning.  Walmart only sells 10mg.  She said no that's like a horse tranquilizer...Ha!  no thanks!  Haven't been able to find the 1mg locally.

hmmm...do you have a cvs around?  You can buy 3 and 5 mg.  My son was on 10 mg, but it didn't work long.  That is when he was 7 lol.  You could always take the 10 mg pill and cut it in fours.

Haha i listened to those hypnosis sleep relaxation peace of mind ones too. Probably for a month every night. Worked so well

• Like 1

If I take a 2 hour nap during the day, I'll be up all night long. Daytime naps = bad news. Plus my Wife gets PISSED if she finds me asleep on the couch.

I've seen your family.

I'm astonished you get any sleep! Those kids must have you running dawn to dusk!

If I take a 2 hour nap during the day, I'll be up all night long. Daytime naps = bad news. Plus my Wife gets PISSED if she finds me asleep on the couch.

Yeah, no kidding on both accounts!!

One afternoon my wife came home and I was fast asleep on the couch.  My son came up to me, woke me up and said that we were going out to eat.  Apparently, according to my son and wife, I gave him the "thumbs up" and rolled over and went back to sleep.  I had no idea I did this as I was still sleeping and not knowing what the hell I was doing.  Needless to say, I didn't make it to dinner and I might as well have moved into the garage for a week. :lol:

Me...

thumbs_up_bciy.jpg

Wife...

RiGA6aLiL.png

• Like 1