I'm Back.......Again

Lilley

So I have decided that tonight I will smoke my last cigarette and go to bed a non smoker.

Things seem to be falling into place in my mind and tonight is definitely the night. I can't just bin what I have and get going - I'm someone who has to have a plan.

What has brought me to this point is :

The wonderful support in this thread. You all have invested time and effort and I need to put some time and effort into starting my quit ♥️

It's shameful that I came back a year ago and I'm still flouncing around here as a smoker 🙄

I can sit around like a Debbie Downer and complain about how hard this is to do, or I can grow a pair and just get on with it and love being a non smoker

My left foot and ankle is getting blacker by the day. I have numbness, daily cramping and intense itching. It's clearly not serious as it's been going on for months but why wait until it's too late for health issues

And the final reason is I really want this and I CAN do it 😀

• Like 4

This is great to hear Lilley. Everyone has that one moment where it just clicks and you're ready mentally for this journey. I glad you have gotten that point. Now is where you put in the work to become a happier and healthier version of yourself as a non smoker. You can do this, just have faith in yourself and lean on us for support.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lilley said:

My left foot and ankle is getting blacker by the day. I have numbness, daily cramping and intense itching. It's clearly not serious as it's been going on for months but why wait until it's too late for health issues

I'm not sure how you can think a black foot and ankle isn't serious Lilley?! Smoking restricts circulation, ask @Doreensfree about that. My mom also had feet issues from poor circulation caused by quitting. So your condition should not be taken lightly. Please go get it checked out.

Glad you're ready to quit. Stick close and use us for all the support you need 🤗

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm not sure how you can think a black foot and ankle isn't serious Lilley?! Smoking restricts circulation, ask @Doreensfree about that. My mom also had feet issues from poor circulation caused by quitting. So your condition should not be taken lightly. Please go get it checked out.

Glad you're ready to quit. Stick close and use us for all the support you need 🤗

I agree....Don't wait until your looking at Amputation.....if you leave it too late 

There is no going back ..

It's not always a Smokers Lungs that get damaged..

Buerger’s+Disease+Only+in+smokers.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can grow a pair

Here you go Lilly.  These little guys got me through my quit.  Little did I know that during my quit, I did grow a pair of balls.  You will find that at the end of your journey, you are much different than when you started.  You will become a stronger, confident person that is in control of your life.

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ray1198 said:

I didn’t yet 😞 and I want to

Well if you want to then just do it! You're here, we're here so let the quit begin already. Don't put off to tomorrow what can be done today right?! :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ray1198 said:

I didn’t yet 😞 and I want to

Do yourself a favor Ray, go ahead and quit.

I made the mistake of procrastinating before quitting.  I called it "planning", but in reality is was me finding excuses to keep feeding my addiction.

Looking back, the procrastination period was more of a pain in the ass than the actual quit.  The quit was a challenge, but I was making progress everyday.  During the procrastination period, I was just spinning my wheels and finding ways to get myself all wound up.

I call it the Tom Petty rule: The waiting is the hardest part...

• Like 7

Ray, if you really deep down want to quit then have some faith in yourself to do it. Let's get done. Climb aboard, buckle up and enjoy the ride to a happy and healthy life. We will all be here to support you. Get err done!!

• Like 4

Hi Ray ....

One of my favourite slogans...

Take Smoking off the Table No Matter What .......

My addict brain ...clicked to this ....

No excuses to smoke ...if the world was falling around me ...don't smoke ...

There isn't one reason why you should keep on killing yourself slowly ...and being fooled your enjoying it ....

• Like 5