Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just In Case you Think I have Lost the Plot LOL

Featured Replies

so just to fill you in on a few details so you know whats going on inside my head this week  :blink:

 

since I have quit I have re-evaluated my life and am making changes 

 

I have moved out of my home last month but still come back every other week for 4 days when off from work

 

mainly to see my dog and to see if it will work with s/o on a part-time basis

 

this I have come to realise will not be the case and the inevitable needs to happen 

 

I cannot bare to think about leaving my dog - we have such a bond its unreal and I cannot take her as she is his dog :(

 

I keep putting things off I am damned if I do and damned if I dont  :(

 

I am just complete mush when it comes to animals - humans I can deal with

 

I will not smoke - I am learning to deal with these emotions without smoking and will not use them as an excuse as there will be other issues in the future as this is life

 

I will post while I am learning and on this journey - I will not hide in a corner

 

so thanks for all your support - and I have not lost the plot - yet LOL

 

I get through this I get through anything! (is my thinking)

 

 

 

 

so just to fill you in on a few details so you know whats going on inside my head this week  :blink:

 

since I have quit I have re-evaluated my life and am making changes 

 

I have moved out of my home last month but still come back every other week for 4 days when off from work

 

mainly to see my dog and to see if it will work with s/o on a part-time basis

 

this I have come to realise will not be the case and the inevitable needs to happen 

 

I cannot bare to think about leaving my dog - we have such a bond its unreal and I cannot take her as she is his dog :(

 

I keep putting things off I am damned if I do and damned if I dont   :(

 

I am just complete mush when it comes to animals - humans I can deal with

 

I will not smoke - I am learning to deal with these emotions without smoking and will not use them as an excuse as there will be other issues in the future as this is life

 

I will post while I am learning and on this journey - I will not hide in a corner

 

so thanks for all your support - and I have not lost the plot - yet LOL

 

I get through this I get through anything! (is my thinking)

(((Tracey))) You are a strong woman and you can get through anything....

You can get through this, Tracey.  Dealing with this king of stuff is very hard but you can do it without smoking.  I'm glad that you're here and posting and you're 100% correct that there will always be emotional or crappy things in life to use as an excuse to smoke but we know better and recognize those thoughts for what they really are - junkie thinking and nothing else.

 

You're going to be just fine.  Some tough days ahead but better ones in between and definitively down the road.  Hang in there.

I have always thought you had lost the plot...;-)

 

Tough times Tracey. You are doing it right, don't rush.

 

I'm sure you will get there. Big hugs.

You are strong, and will pull through!

Part time anything never gets the attention it needs to succeed

Full commitment is required for raising vegetables. Relationships need more.

 

Sit down and make a list or good and bad points. See which list is longer.

 

Smoking is not part of this

 

Will I Am

Sorry Tracey, to hear what you are going through.  I have no doubt Though, that you will pull through with flying colors.  You quit smoking, therefore, you can do anything!

So sorry ((((Tracey)))) Its such a shame that sometimes making changes to improve your life can be so painful :( I know you will get through it and will be smiling soon.

Some say everything happens for a reason, even if we don't see it yet.

 

I agree. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkQ2RGOnZQuN5bX9iOfMR:-)

(((Tracey))) making life choices and changes are tough and scary, but one thing I do know through all the things I have encountered in life, you will survive it, you will become stronger because of it and one day you will realise that its the best thing you ever did, never look back my lovely believe in yourself and do what you have to do for you xx

hang in there sweet Tracey, Please know you can post or PM with us any time.  I am glad that despite these goings on you are committed to staying smoke free as you know smoking will not help.  xoxo

Firstly, hugs tracey, tough times for sure. Yes you will survive it, yes it will make you stronger, no you won't smoke - sometimes people are just tougher than even they believe, you are one of those people. 

 

I wouldn't dare try and guide, you make your own life decisions and absolutely right too. I will say this though, once the guilt and grief is over the sheer relief from walking away from a toxic relationship is immense. Hang onto that through the grief. 

 

xx

  • Author

you are all so kind thank you xx

Tracey... This sounds like it will be hard. But you are super tough and you will make the best decision for you, I just know it. We are your internet family and we are here for you! Love you lots, and big hugs!

Mine isn't mean to be a break up thread, just spend more time or expect it to not be good.

 

But broke is broke sometimes, its knowing when to move on that is the hard part.

 

Three wives- I never know, they tell me!

Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry you have to go through this....as hard as it is now, i know you will come out stronger on the other side...

 

 

lov you hun {{{{HUGS}}}}

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.