Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Almost four months smoke free, now one week alcohol free

Featured Replies

I will hit four months without smoking on Friday.  Now I have started on a Dry February and have been alcohol free for the past week- I made Super Bowl Sunday my last Hoorah.  The skills I have developed by quitting smoking have greatly helped me in this endeavor.  I'm not an alcoholic, but I do drink too much and I also know that drinking is one of the biggest triggers to starting to smoke again.  I slept a full eight hours uninterrupted last night and I'm already starting to see improvements in my face and the tightness of my clothes.  I think I will take this Dry February into the next couple of months- maybe through Lent.   

 

 7fa3436ece325aa97c85e717354d4a4678209e7a

Congratulations on 2 great accomplishments.  Keep up the great work.

Good job Old Man.

image.png.c878654b5557b8824c558a2fb0093fc5.png

  • 4 weeks later...

Hats off to you, Old Man Coffee, for kicking two bad habits to the curb!  It's good to check that alcohol for sure!

That's great OMC !

Quitting gave us the tools to deal with all sorts of other issues in our lives.

 

I was sober from mid November-mid February 

and after my soiree in February hopped back on the wagon.

I feel so much better.

good for you, you can do anything you set your mind to, 

 

image.png.bf84e62f515bfcfe15658b35e7d7f28e.png

  • Author

      Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.  As we are getting some warmer weather and the clocks just sprang forward, it is becoming more tempting to have a beer when grilling, since there are still some in the garage fridge; however, I have made the promise to not drink through lent and my wife and kids have made the promise to continue to not have sweets/desserts through lent as well.  Clothes are fitting better, sleep is better, anxiety doesn't hit as hard, and my mental clarity is sharper. 

    I was oddly tempted to smoke this morning on my way to work- can't put my finger on the trigger, but it was the strongest craving I've had in a while.  Urge Resisted- Quit Maintained!!!

 

7fa3436ece325aa97c85e717354d4a4678209e7a

Remember, @Old Man Coffee, your quit is still young and needs protection.

Your vigilance is essential to your commitment to NOPE.

 

Don't be surprised by triggers or craves that seem to jump out of nowhere.

It will take a year for seasonal triggers to show up.

 

Sometimes these craves can surprise you. 

Don't be caught off guard, stand your ground, You Don't Smoke !, and they will fade into oblivion.

 

Here is a QTrain post with some anecdotal evidence,  Craves Over Time

 

Resources addressing Craves or Thoughts That Occur Over Time

 

and Joel's Video

 

 

 

 

 

 

That Nico monster ...whispers down your ear when you least expect it ...

Always be on your guard ...

We all have thoughts ..it's how you deal with them that important....

By winning your battles ...you will eventually win the war ...

Good going !!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.