Whats for dinner?

Evelyn

Tomorrows dinner is home made spaghetti and meatballs.  Made pasta today, my pasta rack broke so I needed a quick fix to hang it, lol!  Worked, I might not even buy a new drying rack. 

62cf08e1-c2d2-4e0c-b64f-2f5de8fb602d_zps

I am picturing your kids clothes scattered all over the closet floor... lol  Mother of invention an all...

Scallion pancakes w/ginger sauce and red wine.

Recipe Please?????

I am stuck in a rut with food right now... I need some simple things to make or things that take less time to prepare. Last night was turkey burgers, macaroni salad, and french fries. Sounds simple doesnt it??? lol...

Well... The turkey bugers I make,... I roast a medium size eggplant and add one half eggplant puree per pound of turkey burger (the eggplant helps the turkey stay moist ). I also grind up an anchovies or two and add it to the mix with some steak sauce and other seasonings. ( this adds a meaty flavor of sorts ). I baked cheddar cheese rolls, and served the burgers with sauteed mushroom & onions, then topped off with swiss cheese..

French fries were home cut and fried in the deep fryer, topped off with sea sale, black pepper, parsley.

The macaroni salad, I used the shell pasta and it cooked quicker than I expected. It was OK, just a little bit softer than I like. I am finally able to make the mayo with little thought and it is not only tasty but macaroni salad and cole slaw worthy. I was running out of time so mac salad was shredded carrots, celery and lightly seasoned.

OK,, It is not exactly dinner.. But I thought I would share anyway....

20140403_123845.jpg

So I had this idea about baking a cake for my Niece for her birthday... This was all a test trying to make a few recipe ideas into something that would be tasty and good for you too. lol... So I read a lot of recipes and came up with this. The chocolate cake portion was ok, but I really messed up the vanilla part. The icing was suppose to be white and I was going to put strawberries in between the layers. But the strawberry puree oozed out and I ended up with a pink strawberry creamy cheese icing that was surprisingly not bad.. It did all get eaten,,, it wasnt a complete failure.

20140403_125233.jpg

Anyway, back to the drawing board... I am estimating that this 8 inch round cake cut into 12 pieces would be about 80 calories per slice. I think with what I just learned I will be able to make it taste pretty good and make it even less in calories... we shall see... I will let you know!

• Like 1

I'm making teriyaki Chicken with leek & red pepper stir fry

Leek.  I have often wondered what people put that with.

Frozen fish, salad with low fat French dressing that is really quite good, and 1/2 cup of boxed mash potatoes.

All in all, I rather enjoyed it for (shhh) diet food.

OK,, It is not exactly dinner.. But I thought I would share anyway....

20140403_123845.jpg

So I had this idea about baking a cake for my Niece for her birthday... This was all a test trying to make a few recipe ideas into something that would be tasty and good for you too. lol... So I read a lot of recipes and came up with this. The chocolate cake portion was ok, but I really messed up the vanilla part. The icing was suppose to be white and I was going to put strawberries in between the layers. But the strawberry puree oozed out and I ended up with a pink strawberry creamy cheese icing that was surprisingly not bad.. It did all get eaten,,, it wasnt a complete failure.

20140403_125233.jpg

Anyway, back to the drawing board... I am estimating that this 8 inch round cake cut into 12 pieces would be about 80 calories per slice. I think with what I just learned I will be able to make it taste pretty good and make it even less in calories... we shall see... I will let you know!

80 calories per slice?

Now you are talking.  Looks very tasty too.  Last night I had a half cup of ff vanilla yogurt and cut up some maraschino cherries and mixed them in.  So good! 

80 calories per slice?

Now you are talking.  Looks very tasty too.  Last night I had a half cup of ff vanilla yogurt and cut up some maraschino cherries and mixed them in.  So good!

Yea,, I will work on this and get it right soon enough.... My friend makes cookies that are awesome and virtually calorie free. I really dont eat sweets so this is all new to me... it is more about the challenge.. lol