Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

comrade simba

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by comrade simba

  1. I just love the way my wife puts things. So ... collected, maybe? Me - eh, I'm a whole lot cruder with a mean streak and I like to think how tunes would change after a couple years of shooting dope or balls to the wall alcoholism. Just think - millions and millions of addicts and alcoholics have been so wrong for so long re will power. Staggering I tell ya... just staggering. Who knows? Could be that addiction to nicotine is pretty fluffy compared to hard core drug abuse. After about two days I knew there wasn't any physical withdrawal going on. The smoking deal was all a psyche deal and I'm now leaning towards believing everyone's battle with the head is individually colored by their own particular daemons. I got some pretty dark places inside that got covered up by lighting up. Blood, knives, guns, dumpsters back allys and excursions into the desert with shovels... creaks on stairs after midnight and the smell of booze... where's my car... name that bruise... dogs and swamps ...and locks and iron doors Be my guest and decorate the quit train like a hindu festival... just keep a single battleship gray boxcar available for those who lived the things we don't and can't talk about.
  2. @ Ava I just started with the thirty five. The kettlebell is not to be laughed at - it is the secret to the Russian Circus Strongmen of old. Might want to look into this MQ. If your interested I'll send you some links I have found useful.
  3. That is useful info. Thanks.
  4. And you get The Village People. I insert a life preserver
  5. Bandito - By my mid 40's I needed a boost to read. I have cheap 1.25 magnification glasses for computer, reading and detail work. This last year I seem to need them more and more and I take them on and off a lot so I'm going for heavy black plastic frames and a stupid string to hang them around my neck when I'm digging post holes or feeding the pigs etc. I could care less about "fashion" - somebody stupid enough to call me a nerd gonna hafta call 911.
  6. I started with okay, let's see. That moved into hmm... this may be possible. Followed by wow this is bizarre - it's been days. After that so far it's been not wanting to toss the quit away. The Psychology of Previous Investment is keeping my quit good enough while the long term benefits slowly show themselves. I've never been one for Rah Rah! pep talk; for the most part my quit has been very slow, careful and deliberate - hunting, if you will. YMMV
  7. Why is an elephant big and gray? If it was small and white it would be an aspirin.
  8. And I can't quite figure out what came out because it's all slurred. I put in a couple of asprin
  9. And you drop 40 IQ points. I insert a can of sterno
  10. Honest truth is I'm personally enjoying watching industrial civilization collapsing, the social order degrading itself, and the dominant culture eating its tail. Nostalgia is just cheerleading for Empire.
  11. That's pretty much the deal isn't it? Works both ways. Can't chat in an empty room for long y'know?
  12. And Dick Cheney pops out choking to death. I insert a tablespoon of cod liver oil
  13. For the attaboys on my 3 month mark. For the record the smoke alarm only goes off a couple times a day and few of them are a deal greater than a couple minutes. I have found myself looking at smoking - be it imaginings or actual people lighting up the same way I look at booze and dope - as bad sh*t that I need to stay well away from. I figure the next three months ought to just be putting days in a row together and making my life as a smoker further and further into an unfamiliar past. Jut gotta make sure I don't get complacent and stop logging in here. Thanks again all.
  14. I was born with a silver spoon up my ass. It took a lot of concentrated effort to grind away and discard all that privilege to become the degenerate no account hand to mouth tooth and claw you all know and love so much. I doubt I spoil my kid much. The thrill I get from watching him tote feed bags from truck to barn and lugging rocks out of the garden in 5 gallon buckets is indescribably satisfying. Just enough work to know it ain't a cakewalk; not enough work to cause him to want to grow up and be an accountant.
  15. I kinda feel crappy, too, at three months. Come to think of it at about 6 weeks - 2 months the "new" wore off and it was/is a different kind of grind. My belly hurt cuz it was being stretched out from the extra pounds I had put on, and is felling better now that I got the food stuffing backed off where I don't look like a starving camp denizen scrabbling at handfuls of rice spilling out the back of a UN relief truck. Chant the litany of whatever benefits you have gotten so far, as few or as many as may be, Me? If I'm not coughing up 6 ounces of lung gump every morning I'm just fine thankyou very much :-)
  16. damn cokeheads...
  17. My quit day is January 21. You have me on the calendar for the 22nd. Two points for consistency, lol.
  18. Chipped through Missouri rock setting two fenceposts sets today. That's eleven feet worth of digging. Don't much feel like going for a jog...
  19. Have to re-sign in every third or so page change and/or post. My end or yours?
  20. Aw hell, I had forgotten all about that place until you brought it up.
  21. and aliens abduct you for experimentation. I insert a voodoo doll
  22. Heh heh, well I guess I'm left with saying keeping away from the razor blades trumps not lighting up. Stay in good cheer and perhaps this quit will be the easy peasy one!.
  23. @MQ Bad wording on my part. I meant you may ask a straightforward question but it's one that will inadvertently roust a "factional" response. I like the White Robe name. Easy shorthand. I am wrong for using it on the main forum, though. I'll keep better watch on the thread category.
  24. @ ev - I really want to hear from you. This is about your well being and yeah I care. I want to know you're okay and talking with people who know more about the head than internet warriors.
  25. It's a trapdoor bait question MQ, and a subtle tag team one at that. Ask a question like that, get an honest answer and you may just file it away and sail on but the White Robeists draw out the long knives and gather for the Circle of Solidarity Feast. Monty Python Spanish Inquisition skit comes to mind. :-D

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.