Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leanna

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Leanna

  1. I am 26, 27 in a few months. I started smoking in 2006 and quit in 2012, so I smoked for 6 years. I smoked a ppd until 2011, sometimes more. When I visited my parents (who are/were both chain smokers), I smoked anywhere between 1.5 and 2 packs a day. 50 cigarettes A DAY. Yeesh. I quit in August 2012.
  2. Leanna replied to leahcaR's topic in Socializing
    That's very cool that you can switch back and forth! I like this.
  3. Well put Jackie. It really is silly to put things in our mouths and light them on fire!
  4. I thought that too Jackie, lol. I was like, "Oh whoops, I accidentally clicked on a link." Nope.
  5. Lol, I was wondering the same thing! I really do like the new look though. :)
  6. I have a Kobo and am thinking about upgrading for school. I really do love my Kobo, but it's old... probably the first one that ever came out. It doesn't light up and have to manually push the button (really hard!) to get the page to turn. My mom bought it for me years ago, so I'd never part with it. However, I'm old school as well. I LOVE cracking open a new book (or even an old, hand-me-down book). Love the smell, feel, and artwork. I also love knowing which actual page I'm on. My Kobo is a smaller screen, so a page fits across 3-4 pages on the Kobo. I have used the newer Kobos and they are really awesome though. I love that they light up so you can read in the dark. That's why I want to upgrade. I want to be able to read in bed without my boyfriend bugging me to turn off the light, lol.
  7. I understand the fear of the unknown, I really do. But trust me, a life without cigarettes is so much better. The freedom you feel once you finally realize you don't need that cigarette is indescribable. It's amazing. You are no longer a slave to your addiction! Cravings never kill you, but cigarettes can. Why not quit and find out for yourself how amazing it is to be smoke-free? There are so many benefits to not smoking. You don't smell, you aren't sick all the time, you spend more time with your loved ones. We miss out on so much when we're smokers! Start living your life today instead of being afraid of what quitting will do to you. There are no negatives to quitting. NOPE!
  8. Leanna replied to leahcaR's topic in Socializing
    There's a book called 642 Things To Draw: http://642thingstodraw.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/642-things-to-draw-full-list/ It's kind of neat... keeps you distracted. You just draw whatever your interpretation of the word is.
  9. Leanna replied to leahcaR's topic in Socializing
    Very cool Rachael! I also love to doodle and I used to do it a lot when I first quit. I'm not great at drawing, but hey, it passes the time! Betty Boop. I'm pretty sure I drew her at my old work place, lol.
  10. Well, you see, I have this thing... I have to do.... right now TAC...
  11. What the heck is an NTAP?! Nevermind. Found it, lol.
  12. Can I come visit? Lol, all I have is a jump rope, a mat, figure-8 resistance band, and two dumbbells. Mind you, I'm just starting off and I actually need to lose weight more than I need to strength train.
  13. Awesome Amy! So glad to hear things are going well. :) You know, I did have some rough days with my quit, but it was nothing like I expected. Much easier than I thought. Some people struggle, but for others, it's easier. I think it all depends on you as a person. You definitely have the right attitude to stay quit and that's how you ultimately succeed. It's all about attitude and commitment; the desire to not smoke more than to smoke. Sending a virtual high 5 you way! You are doing brilliantly.
  14. I will bring Sangria and mini M&Ms (AKA crack)
  15. Lol, you guys are hilarious. So... karaoke night at TAC's pad? You know, for us "talented" singers.
  16. Fantastic article. NOPE!
  17. I LOVE this MQ. So true. I especially love this: I’d rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to stop doing it Yes, I would rather deal with the temporary withdrawal than ever smoke again! Blowing your quit is not worth it!
  18. I'm glad you're keeping us updated Evelyn! Don't feel alone -- if you need anyone to talk to, we're always here for you. I know it's hard right now, but I can assure you, it does get better. One day at a time. You can do this!
  19. I'm really loving Lana's version of this song. Her voice is so eerie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ44x0GnKh4
  20. 10 months is AWESOME! Congrats. :) :) :)
  21. Yes, it would be good to hear an update! Weekends can be pretty tough. Usually during the week, we are generally more distracted with other stuff. Hope all is well guys!
  22. Nice post Tracey! We really do need to take responsibility of our own quits! No one else is going to do it for us.
  23. We WANT to help you every step of the way in your journey. Joining would help us help you! :D I promise, we don't bite (hard).
  24. Ow Tiff! :( Good job on your smoke-free day. :D Great attitude!
  25. while more than 600 000 are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke That's so sad and kind of scary!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.