Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicole Diver

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nicole Diver

  1. Omg! Congrats!!
  2. This is amazing! Treat yo'self
  3. TAC I knew you would do it. This is awesome. I'm so happy for you
  4. Yay Marti!! You are one of loveliest people I ever met. Well done. Xoxox
  5. Sweet! Just remember if you hit anymore bumps, not to worry. Completely normal. Well done. It's a good feeling isn't it!
  6. Agreed! Hold onto that rope, if you let go, you could very well be giving up your life to the addiction. You already proved you got what it takes. Just keep doing what you're doing. If you haven't read Allen Carr, he gave me a much needed attitude adjustment.
  7. Thank you Nancy and Doreen for sharing. Cigarettes killed many in my family. I thought they would end me too.
  8. Life's a beach
  9. Right. You are getting old.
  10. I agree, better to see a doc just to ease your mind. Then you can brag that you quit to them.
  11. Very cool. Congrats!
  12. Happy birthday Gemzee!
  13. George, so good to see you back. Let's do this.
  14. Nicole Diver replied to Karen's topic in Socializing
    This book was so important to me. I'd listen to the audible over and over when I felt like I was missing out. I literally lived to smoke. I never thought I'd break free. Never thought I'd get over it. It took some time, but it wasn't the unbearable, insurmountable black depression I was so scared of due to previous attempts. It was mind over matter this time. (If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.). I did what Alan Carr said, even though I felt silly. Every morning I'd say to myself, 'yippee, I'm a non smoker.' It helped! I can honestly say I am grateful every day not to be chained to the smokes. I have zero desire to smoke now (I used to pray so many times I would wake up and somehow the urges would be gone. Didn't happen that way). It can take time but that is so normal!! Most of us complained A LOT. That's what these boards are for. You are right where you need to be! I'm about 10 lbs heavier still now years later, I'd like to think it's muscle but it probably isn't. That's ok!! Being a super skinny corpse is not an option. But using food as a crutch took a bit longer for me to overcome. One day I realized that particular problem had slowly faded when I was not paying attention. I say this only so you realize it may not be all peaches and cream, but it's all doable and bearable. It's so helpful to have a community that has been there, that understands exactly where you are. You're doing just great.
  15. I'm late, but thank goodness he is ok. Hugs.
  16. Happy happy birthday :)
  17. Holy shiz, that is hilarious. :)
  18. Omg that was so weird. Sonic, you've outdone yourself:)
  19. George! We'll help you every step of the way.
  20. Xoxox Thanks all!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.