Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katgirl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Katgirl

  1. Don’t let me fool you. I put up a good front, but have my moments of sheer panic. Tonight, we went out to dinner at a fancy place, built before the American Revolution, and I was very apprehensive. Naturally, it turned out fine, and I had a great time. I suffer, almost daily, with anxiety. It comes and goes, and I use tricks I’ve learned to control it. To be perfectly honest, there are times when I pray for God to take me home, so I never have to feel sheer panic, for no real reason, ever again. So, don’t envy me, though I expect, In some ways, I am stronger than I know.
  2. Looks like a painting! Beautiful!
  3. I am not brave at all. I am adventurous by nature, but suffer from chronic anxiety. I think my stubbornness keeps me going, despite my problems. I am very far out of my comfort zone right now, but keep my eyes on the prize. The prize is getting to spend time with my family and visit a few life long friends. It is not easy being me.
  4. @Kris, when my 2nd husband passed away, suddenly, in 2014, I decided I needed a change . So, I sold my home in NJ, and moved to wine country, in CA. After grieving for a year, I started dating, and eventually met the 3rd great love of my life. John and I have been together for 2 1/2 years, and it has been great.
  5. I am still here! I am currently on a cross country road trip, so will post when I can. Next week, I am headed to my beloved Jersey shore. My west coast love has never been east, so having fun showing him around.
  6. Bright children spin pretty yarns hnmoi
  7. Wouldn’t that be why I asked my last question?
  8. Why would I have a mugshot?😳
  9. You are right. I do have a beautiful smile, but did you consider that I may have had a profound reason for choosing the pic I used?
  10. Focus on something you enjoy. Distract yourself. I like to watch those goofy home fixer upper shows on HGTV. Something about them comforts me. I enjoy watching something messy become beautiful again. Isn’t that kind of what we are all doing for ourselves? We are literally clearing the air, cleaning up our act, and becoming, once again, who we were meant to be, before we veered off the tracks onto the addiction path. If we focus on something interesting, we have no time to think about smoking.
  11. Welcome, @Anne E.! Start reading people’s stories. I found them the most helpful. We all know smoking is bad for us. It was everyone’s individual journey that gave me insight, and the courage to continue my own. Pick a quit date, decide if you need NRT, and just do it. We accept all quitters, no matter the method they choose. Stick around. There is a lot of support here.
  12. Knowing me as you do, do you think it takes a psychic to follow my thought patterns?
  13. Don’t you already know the answer to any question you might have?
  14. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Bait the hook
  15. @Kris, you got it! What a great incentive for both of us to remain cigarette free… Flower Mound is very nice. I don’t know if you remember the crazy murder story, where a guy drove from CA to an 18 year old kid’s house in Flower Mound, last August, to shoot him over an online gaming dispute? That was my daughter’s next door neighbor. Crazy!
  16. I guess that means you are near Dallas? Cool! I should be back in the area at Christmas time.
  17. Katgirl replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Mango
  18. Katgirl replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Dine in style
  19. Katgirl replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  20. It doesn’t really matter, if it was only in my head, right? 😉
  21. Katgirl replied to Abby's topic in Off The Record
    It’s hot here in PA, but, of course, my son has central AC, so it’s all good. I am hoping to experience a good thunderstorm soon, as we don’t get them in Northern CA. I miss them. I haven’t experienced one in over 7 years. I don’t miss snow, though…
  22. I occasionally get ocular migraines which are very freaky. I see weird flashes of light, like lightning bolts in my peripheral vision. They last about a half hour. I do not get the accompanying debilitating headache.
  23. And there you have it… Has our fearless moderator just crossed a line, you know the same one I crossed in my head yesterday?
  24. Love New York style cheesecake….
  25. Cheese cake, topped with strawberries would be nice….

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.