woke up sick again but this time with a migraine on top of itl

Kris

Boo @Kris, I've been lucky that I've never had one. I heard keeping the room as dark as possible helps as well as applying pressure with your thumbs to the area(s) that hurt. I know when I get a bad headache doing just that works really good for me. I hope you feel better as the day goes by......... :28_hugging:

I occasionally get ocular migraines which are very freaky. I see weird flashes of light, like lightning bolts in my peripheral vision. They last about a half hour. I do not get the accompanying debilitating headache.

• Sad 1

Thanks for the replies, Yes I spend most of my time in the dark, hardly ever turn on lights. I leave the curtains and the blinds closed because I have a some sort of migraine everyday. Yes Katgirl, I have those same flashes but mine usually come with the pain, hope that does not happen to you in the future. I still have no idea why this started except I did not sleep well after my husband died and when I did, I would just stay on the couch, could not go back to the bed.

Jillar  I do stay in the dark, the massage thing does not help me.  I do get some heavy botox, 200 units every 3 months.  They inject my forehead, temples. behind my ears, the lower back part of my head and neck. then across my shoulders.

This is and does keep my muscles from seizing up as bad as they used to.  I also am big fan of ice packs and heating pads. They generally do not give oral pain medication, I just have a few, but they do give me Xanax for anxiety and promethazine for the nausea. I have learned to live with it but sometimes you just get so tired of dealing with it and taking medicine almost everyday. The headache will stay with me 4 or 5 hours of until I medicate, but I try not to do that unless I have to.

Here I go again talking to much but I must admit that it keeps me from focusing on the headache.

K

• Like 1