Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLMR

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MLMR

  1. NOPE 🧘‍♀️
  2. Nevermind 😂
  3. Complicating things, over-analyzing almost became another addiction that first year. It gave me a sense of control I guess. I’m glad you and some others kept repeating the above message. I’m finally getting it now and after relapsing and getting back at my two feet, I know the basics are most important: breath yourself through the moment and don’t light up. I’m not tiring myself anymore with endless lists, pep-talks, wishingthiswouldbeoverfinallyetc. Thanks @Boo!
  4. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Well, I’m glad this technique works so well for you @Katgirl. How’s your quit going?
  5. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Thursday morning, day 18. oh hello, junkie thinking. I’ve got something for you:
  6. NOPE ⚠️
  7. NOPE 👩‍🦳
  8. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Saturday morning, day 14. Woke up to some bad news. 💥 BAM 💥craving. Harmless craving is followed by junkie thinking. Junkie thinking -> thoughts. Thoughts are neutral until I label them as good or bad. Thoughts come and go. * Note to self: You’ll be ok.
  9. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Thursday morning, day 12. Worst part of brain vomit is over, end of week 2 is nearing and …
  10. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Glad your routine is working out so well for you, @Kat And I agree on the importance of rituals. I alternate a bit between routine/structure and loosening up. Too much structure means I’m trying to polish something away (been there, done that) and sooner or later it will come back to bite me in the 🍑. Its been a very long road to discover when I need to push through and when pushing through is actually about hurting myself, crossing my own boundaries, making it unsafe. I’m grateful for my perseverance, but I know now I really need to step back some times and just look at things, without wanting to tackle them.
  11. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Thanks Kel, but its got nothing to do with quitting. I've had this as long as i can remember. Its trauma related. Quitting does not make these days go away. But it does help me in keeping my sanity and self care up.. and make me an overall happier person. Days like today make me believe I dont care. Its not true and it will be tomorrow sooner or later.. im ashamed to write here about these things. But it helps to get it out of my head and on paper.
  12. MLMR replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    Tuesday morning, day 10. Woke up to a horrible mood swing. Can’t believe this is still happening sometimes. Like someone decided to replace my brain overnight. It’s just not fair. Figuring out now how to practice compassion. Breathing and simple basics, repetition. Hold space for myself here and now. In case I need to read my previously written Pre respond to my own sos today: So, somehow you feel like you don't care anymore. Let me tell you this: you do care and you definitely give a lot about it. You used to think you didn't care, because it was easier and less vulnerable. Back then, it was your only way to survive. But now things are different, you have changed. Be honest with yourself and listen to the soft voices. They want to be heard. They will help you continue this journey. X

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.