Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mee

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mee

  1. Hi Josalee. Wow am I impressed with your quit. We welcome you here and are always excited about meeting new friends. I love this forum. They are credited with guiding me to quit smoking. I look forward to really getting to know you!
  2. Hello lartomer and welcome to the forum. I smoked for 42 years and did not think I could quit. I tried many different methods to quit, including NRT's. I came across this forum and, with the help of the members here, I was able to quit cold turkey. No matter how you quit, there is a period of discomfort. The first weeks is the toughest. Once the nicotine is out of your system, then you redirect you thinking. Why don't you hang around and educate yourself about your addiction. Stay close to the forum and get to know us. We are a very supportive group of people, who have been where you are and weathered our way through. We want to help you.
  3. Nope not me!
  4. Mee replied to forestgreen's topic in Socializing
    @forestgreen that sounds so devastating. So glad you are safe. It will take years for the vegetation to grow back. I could not imagine living through this.
  5. My husband was always proud of his. He said he earned every one in the process of raising his family. Don't worry Boo, men look distinguished with that salt and pepper look.
  6. Hi Christa! You and I traveled the journey together. I am so glad you are still smoke free. I love being free of smoking and have no thoughts of smoking. Happy Holidays to you also!
  7. I love this post also. Spending time with my family, during the holidays, is enough to drive me crazy but not drive me back to smoking. It amazes me that I am no longer a smoker. I will take the time to NOPE the rest of my life!!!!!!!
  8. Welcome gabbie! Congratulations on the huge accomplishment of becoming sober. If you can do that, you can quit smoking. Life is so much better living it free of addiction. This is a great place for support and help. Stay close to the forum and shout out when you need us.
  9. Oh dear @Rozuki, sounds like a very stressful day. I make turkey and rice for my goldens' to eat every day. They have delicate stomachs. I do it in big batches and freeze in sandwich bags. What we don't do for our animals. It is probably best that you changed out that battery before winter. You wouldn't want to be stuck on the road in the cold. Hope you dog feels better and it is not serious.
  10. Oh my goodness. I never thought a salad to taste so good. After 6 months of healing from dental surgery, I am finally able to chew.
  11. Mee replied to Vivianne's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    That is right forestgreen. Keep this at the forefront of your mind as you travel the ups and downs of your quit journey!
  12. Oh Jo, I am so glad you went to the hospital. Definitely keep us informed. It is time to relax and let someone else take care of you.
  13. Please take care Jo. You are much loved and needed. Now get that butt to the hospital!!!!!
  14. Welcome back Imfree. I am so glad you have given quitting smoking another try. It took me way to many years to quit and now that I have found success, I look back and realize it was so much easier than I ever thought. It is tough the first week, but then it is a matter of changing your thinking. We are here to support you and help guide you through the tough spots. Stay close and shout out when you need us. You can do this!
  15. Glad your back Steveo88. Do not ever give up trying. It does help to stay close to the forum. We are here to help you through those tough times. Once you get through that first tough week, it is just a matter of redirecting your thinking. I was amazed at how simple it was. I am dearly paying for the damage I did to my dental health. I have put over $45,000. into my mouth. It has been years of bone grafts, implants and skin grafts. Add that to all the years of paying for cigarettes, and I could have had something better to show for it. I am so thankful for everyday as a nonsmoker!
  16. You girls better behave. Jo, I think you have a wild streak 😁
  17. I am definitely trying this. I think my husband will do well with this also. He has to have knee replacement in January, after he retires. I think he would do better with the surgery if he loses some weight. I will keep you up on our progress.
  18. Thanks MLMR. Both my husband and I need to address the extra pounds these days. This even sounds doable throughout the holidays.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.