Holiday Hurdles. Ready, Set, NOPE!

Lust4Life

Hello fellow quitters and lurkers!  For those residing in the US,  the most wonderful time of the year is upon us.  We are scheduled to grossly overeat a week from today.  More than usual.

While doing so, we will  be giving thanks for:  our perfect families, the variety of enchanting edibles available to all guests. This includes gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, nut- free, organic, non-lumpy gravy, red white and rosé offerings from the cellar, mashed cauliflower, stuffing and/or dressing with and without cornbread, with and without oysters, with and without pecans.  Cranberry sauce from a can & some homemade. We rejoice to sample the doctored brussels sprouts sautéed in duck fat with charred gizzards (I don’t think charred gizzards is a thing. I added for even more dramatic effect).  Your football team will win Saturday! 

We celebrate our hard working co-workers. We enjoy delightful conversations with kind strangers in the 10 mile long line at the grocery store.    Holiday cheer is real and abounds in our hearts and homes.  We bought the perfect gifts for everyone  on clearance last year so we have extra cash and no gift buying stress.

If your life is this easy going with zero holiday stress- congratulations !!  You are super human and I need your autograph! 

Forced family functions,  imbibing in too much merriment, living through the season when someone you loved and lost is not- 
are all fuel that could send you to the store for that one pack to get you through it all.  Or, the kindling to bum a smoke from your boss at the holiday party. 

Have your plan in place.  Newbies and old phartes (more seasoned quitters) are both at risk for losing a quit to stress, to feeling nostalgic for past celebrations.  

Don’t lose your quit. Embrace it. Celebrate it. Protect it. Be thankful for it!! 

Gobble til you wobble.  Watch the game. 

Don’t smoke.

NOPE!! 

L4L

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I love this post also.  Spending time with my family, during the holidays, is enough to drive me crazy but not drive me back to smoking.  It amazes me that I am no longer a smoker. I will take the time to NOPE the rest of my life!!!!!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, abbynormal said:

Ok, i just saw this post after making a very similar post! Now I feel dumb! LOL

I just saw this post, also, Abby, and will repeat myself.  lol.

Nothing, Nobody, No situation, No cray, Not even my inner addict

is going to overpower me and bring a cigarette to my lips ever again.

Those days are OVER.  I Don't Smoke.

Clothe yourselves in the armor of NOPE and celebrate your Freedom.

When family gets too much, go outside and breathe your beautiful clean breaths.

and from our friend, Joel Spitzer,  Holiday Related Resources

• Like 1