Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mee

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mee

  1. I am so sorry johnny5. These are such trying and sad times. I am sure the statistics on suicide will be very high this year. This is a good reminder to reach out to those friends we have lost touch with.
  2. Love, Love Love this! Thank you so much
  3. For our Boo! Want to be sure Maddies goats are taken good care of.
  4. For our cbdave. Now his bbq's will always be perfect!
  5. For my jillar. A bunny door knocker for when we start our travels and come for a visi
  6. For our crazy cop Bakon from Mee
  7. Mee replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    You've got this kdad!
  8. Mee replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Oh Kdad! You need to throw those smokes away. Let's get this quit going. I'm not quit sure how to change your ticker. If you message jillar, she probably can help.
  9. Mee replied to Boo's topic in Socializing
    In a year of firsts, we are following guidelines and not celebrating our family feast. Instead, I am concentrating on what I am thankful for. To my wonderful quit family, I am very grateful for your friendship and guidence!
  10. Oh Jswiss, as long as you cave to the crave, you will continue to be stuck in the same rut. You can learn to power through the craves and beat the addiction.
  11. Mee replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Oh no Kdad. I always looked at you as my quit buddy. We quit about the same time. You have to just stop. I know life sucks right now with covid, but don't let it pull you down. Now is not the time to have unhealthy lungs. Concentrate on how wonderful and less costly it was when you were quit. I hope to see you noping again and coming here for support. We are hear for you.
  12. It is really getting bad over here. Ohio is on the verge of level 4. Not only do we have to fear the grocery store for catching this illness, I can not believe how much deeper I have to go in my pockets to pay the bill. I use to drop $100. a week for groceries and now I can't get out of the store under $160. a week. How much of this is just taking advantage of us during di fficult times. I was going to pick up another container of the antibacterial wipes and they wanted $6.00 for thrirty wipes. If anyone does not know how, here is a video to make your own. Too bad they don't have a do it yourself toilet paper idea. My grandmother use to tell us that they used the Sear's shopping catalog as toilet paper. Hmmmmm, I guess you really have to be desperate!
  13. Boo, that is the cutest darn donkey I have seen. Lucky girls!
  14. That is awesome Jswiss. It is a matter of retraining your brain and how you look at smoking. Early in my quit, I was able to view smokers differently. It did not bother me to be around them. I amazingly had so much empathy for them. I would note how sad and loneyly they looked or how they were missing out on life. The addiction really robs you of so much. Stay focussed on freedom and you will succeed.
  15. I am so sorry @Mac#23. The disease seems to be running rampent in the US now and I am sure many us will now be touched by it. I am shocked at how many people I know that still do not take it seriously.
  16. Mee replied to BKP's topic in Socializing
    Still here!
  17. I will definitely let you know. I am sure it will be a while before the borders open. In the meantime, I love the pictures and history. Oh, I just looked, you are above Maine. We loved Arcadia National Park in Maine and planned to go back there. We could add New Brunswick to the trip.
  18. Hang in there Linda. Genetics and age can play a part in blood pressure but quitting smoking will definitely improve your health. Don't obsess over putting a time limit on the health benefits. That gives you reason to fail. When I would have a crave, I would close my eyes, breath deep and imagine my body healing. I knew that I had abused it for so long and that the improvements were going to take a while.
  19. I have been thinking about her too, jillar. Hope she is busy with happiness!
  20. @reciprocity this is a great reci! Since my husband retired, we wanted so much to start our travels but the pandemic put a halt to that. I keep telling him that we should be planning a nice trip to help keep our spirits up. Our next question is alway "which way do we go, George?" Since Canada is big on my bucket list, we will check this area out!
  21. Welcome activeonly. This is a wonderful place for guidance and support in quitting. I am so glad you decided to just quit instead of waiting. The first week is the toughest because you are getting the nicotine out of your system. Once the nicotine is gone, you learn to rediret those thoughts of smoking. Stay close to the forum, educate yourself and place some games. You are strong and can do this!
  22. I'm so sorry Sirius. The elderly have suffered so much. Trying to keep them safe leaves them with such lonliness. So wish we could finally turn a corner.
  23. Way to go jswiss. Don't head into the battle already thinking you will fail. Your crucible has landed here and we are going to help carry you across the finish line! The galaxy of freedom does exist!
  24. Pedro, we have all experienced that mindset. It kept me hooked for 42 years. Once you make the commitment to push past that thought, it becomes easier. Freedom is wonderful and empowering.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.