Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mee

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mee

  1. OMG. Is that a doodle? We have a Golden Doodle (half Golden Retriever/half Poodle) I love my doodle so much. She is so smart, has the cutest personality and is so loving.
  2. I just got my flu shot yesterday. I always got one every year because I worked for a school system and it was free. The only year I did not get it, there was a shortage and you had to be 60 yrs. old to get it. I was only 59. That was the year of the swine flu and of course, I ended up with it. I was very sick for three weeks. As far as the Covid vaccine, I trust my doctor to guide me.
  3. You can do this Linda!
  4. Welcome Bope. I am so glad you have quit smoking. This is a great place for support and advice. I know I had those symptons, in the beginning of my quit, but it did not last that long. Be patient while your body is healing.
  5. So glad you found us Pedro. You are still young and have plenty of life to reverse the damages of smoking. Good for you wanting to quit. Don't just educate yourself, hand around and get to know us all. We want to help support you on this journey. Make the nope pledge each day and play some games. We would love to see your hobbies and get to know you!
  6. How awesome is that! You are through the tough stuff. Just stay focussed on the prize - a life free of smoking. You have got this!
  7. @Sos77so thankful you realized your mistake and jumped right back on the train. You can do this again!
  8. I am so sorry you relapsed. The only way to travel this journey, is with your mind focused ahead and not behind. You are so worth a happy, healthy life. Don't ever quit quitting. You can do this Linda. You are stronger than you think!
  9. Welcome jpassmore! I am so glad you found us. I also think it is best just to "bite the bullet" and just quit. The sooner you get the nicotine out of your system, the easier it will be to travel this journey. The key to quitting is retraining your thoughts. There is plenty of imformation here to help you do that. Stay close to the forum, play some games and get to know us. We want to help you find the freedom you truly want.
  10. Linda, concentrate on the fact that your are improving your life not destroying it. I think it might help to share your feelings with your physician. I am sure they might be able to prescribe something that would help. Know that you think you are grieving the loss of a friend but in actuallity, you are getting rid of the enemy. You are still in the early stages of your quit. I promise every day will get better. I am so proud of you for posting your true feelings. Sometimes, one of us can say the right thing that gives you the strength to make it through one more day! You can do this. Keep that quit going!
  11. What a mess this is due to virus. We started at 4:00 am and got here at 6:00. Had to wait in my car, in a dark parking lot until they were ready to take him for surgery. Got to see him for a minute and now I have to wait in car until he is out. It is 90 degrees out and I have to keep air on. This is so unnerving. They better let me see him in recovery!
  12. This is so important MIdmale. Understanding your addiction lends way to conquering it. You are doing awesome. Keep that wonderful quit going!
  13. Mee replied to BKP's topic in Socializing
    I'm here! Can I say it has been a hell of a year!
  14. Aww. I thought is was going to be a big........stick. You and jillar are the best stick finders!
  15. Nope! Congratulations Kate! Enjoy that baby boy. Grandkids are wonderful.
  16. Kate, that is the way I feel. I can't believed I smoked for so long. I have watched you struggle and am so proud of you. You go girl.
  17. Mee replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    Dah, I haven't figured out how to do it. I tried the other day and got confused. jillar, I may just message you the info and let you put it in.
  18. Layla, I would definitely change up that nighttime routine. The key is redirecting the brain. Replace those 3 cigarettes with something more relaxing or enjoyable. Maybe a cup of hot chocolate with 3 marshmellows or a hot bath with 3 capfuls of bubblebath. Switch out the bad with the good. The first month is the toughest. If you can't sleep, there are others, on the train, in different time zones. This site was my lifeline. It helped me relax and have fun. Start yourself a blog. When you can't sleep, write about you feelings. I promise you will get stronger each day. You can do this!
  19. Midmale, there is nothing to be afraid of. Fear should only be given to continuing on a path of self-destruction by continuing to smoke. Give yourself credit. You worked along with the Champix to achieve this goal. Depression can be a part of quitting because you are letting go of the friend you thought smoking to be. If you continue to feel down, talk to your physician. He may be able to help treat that. You will not always feel like this. With each step along this journey, you will start to become much stronger. You will be amazed at the person you will be. Hang in there and shout out if you need help. We are here to guide you.
  20. @JH63 never be ashamed to post. We are not here to judge but to help you quit. We all have been where you are at. I found it helped to stay close to the forum and get to know the members. They were my strength through those difficult days!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.