Everything posted by d2e8b8
-
Friday 22nd October 2021
Nope!
-
Any experience with Intermittent Fasting?
Had a few bad days after the fast. First, I allowed the sense of accomplishment to revert to late night snacking. And also allowed some issues in life to rationalize the snacking. This continued for 5 days. I've stopped the snacking now and had a fast day today and hoping to get back to omad regularly again. The feeling of empty belly and tight belt finally returned today.
-
Daily exercise log for everyone :)
I couldn't open the video but just wanted say I love push-ups - there are so many variations that it never gets old. You've been doing some really great training. All the best for the race. Sorry to hear that. With the back, it may be better to take some time and let it heal properly. How did you hurt it? Katgirl, your workout discipline is very impressive. I did an 8k run yesterday and did some leg workout today. Had some distractions in life but hoping to make workout an essential activity of the day - even if it's a quick one.
-
Gus Is Seven Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations @Gus on 7 months! You've done so amazing.
-
Cristobal is Nine Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations @Cristóbal on 9 years!
-
D2e8b8 Is Five Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Have been dealing with my share of bs in life the last couple of weeks and never thought about smoking. I had several failed quits and a friend once said 'you have no willpower'. Eventually, when I did quit, I realized it wasn't about willpower - it was about making a decision. The switch in the brain has to flip. What also helped was understanding triggers through a post by another user. If someone like me with several failed attempts and no willpower can quit, anyone can.
-
Tuesday 19th October 2021
Nope!
- Daily exercise log for everyone :)
-
Friday 15th October 2021
Nope!
-
Struggling
If it helps, personal shit happens to a lot of people. And of course craves are normal because it's a 'different' type of trigger to the daily triggers that you've previously overcome. These ones need to be fought and conquered all over again and tend to be just as hard. What's great is that you have the courage to post here and not do anything else. That shows your strength and commitment. What you're feeling is not weakness, it's just something you're feeling but your actions .... are strong.
-
Any experience with Intermittent Fasting?
That's right @JustinHoot99. 4 x 24hr period with water, black tea and black coffee. Reintroduced food slowly last night but still had an upset tummy a couple of hours later. I need to get better at this. Mon is usually a no-meal day but I ate a bit today. Not a full meal but about a half-meal. Will stay in maintenance mode rest of the year - 6 meals a week. In the new year maybe try a 5-day fast.
-
Any experience with Intermittent Fasting?
Less than 10 hours to go to complete Day 4. It's been pretty normal so far, no hunger or cravings for food although I AM looking forward to shoving some food in the mouth later tonight. Did an hour of interval run on the treadmill last night in addition to some light dumbbell workout. Planning to do a long-ish walk today. It's actually quite motivating to see the waistline shrink (but it will grow again as soon as I eat I'm sure). The joy of pulling the belt in one more notch ... priceless.
-
Cbdave is Six Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 6 years @Cbdave. That is awesome.
-
Katgirl is Five Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 5 months @Katgirl
- Sun 10th October 2021
- Daily exercise log for everyone :)
-
Linda is Nine Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 9 months @Linda (If you'd got pregnant, you could have had a race.)
-
Steven Drojensky is 4 Months Smoke Free Today !!!!
Congratulations on 4 months @Steven Drojensky. A third of the way to the deck.
-
MarylandQuitter is Eight Years Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 8 years @MarylandQuitter And thank you for the site.
-
AceWhite is Eight Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 8 months @AceWhite You're doing awesome with the quit and the triathlons.
-
Robbie is Six Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 6 months @Robbie
-
JustinHoot99 is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!
Congratulations on 1 month @JustinHoot99 Excellent work. The quit counter is looking good.
-
Saturday 9th October 2021
Nope!
-
Friday 8th October 2021
Nope!
-
TOOTH WHITENING PASTES - Any experience w/ these
I agree, the dentist can whiten them. Toothpaste may be used to maintain it but you'll need the dentist periodically. Coffee is not great for teeth whitening.