Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

d2e8b8

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by d2e8b8

  1. Wanted to do a 4-day fast this week but saw here that the last 3-day fast was only 2 weeks ago so decided to wait. However, the brain didn't want to give up so compromised to 3-day. Day 1 (after 24hrs) - Workout of stairs (2601) followed by 6k trail run half of which was uphill. Day 2 (after 48hrs) - Dumbbell work on arms and some core workout. The cool thing is there's no lethargy, the body feels alive and energetic. And the odd thing is - how does the body continue to create poop without food? In trying to learn more about this topic, I learnt about Mariko Aoki phenomenon and fecal vomiting. Also that poop is a goldmine - waste from 1 million Americans could contain as much as $13 million worth of metals.
  2. Congratulations on 5 months @Robbie 1 more to go for the 1/2 year.
  3. Congratulations on 7 months @AceWhite. You're truly acing this quit.
  4. Nope! Great pic @Cbdave
  5. Way to go @Katgirl converting your lethargy to an extra workout - you showed you I guess. If you're thinking of starting running, I'm not a fan of too much treadmill running. The monotonous nature of the treadmill can potentially aggravate injuries or imbalances - you were a competitive runner so assume you're aware of running related stuff. It was a beautiful weekend here, not too warm but sunny and was able to do an extended workout on the stairs followed by a trail run.
  6. d2e8b8 replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    You're doing awesome @MLMR with both the smoking and drinking .
  7. Wow @AceWhite that's a pretty competitive schedule. All the best.
  8. Nope! @Cbdave looks very serene.
  9. Glad you're hanging in there @darcy. You're doing the right thing posting here. Please post here often to get past the difficult phases - you'll find lots of support here.
  10. You're doing awesome @Katgirl I tried to do a run on the treadmill last night as it was really late but after about 15 mins I was clock watching and at the end of 30 mins I just had to end it I think my preference is outdoors - new trails or streets that I have not run before. However, with the days getting shorter and cooler, there will definitely be more treadmill time.
  11. I bet that must have been funny - you getting a call and ... not knowing how to answer ... hahaha
  12. I agree, iphone is more intuitive. You do need a bit of getting used to on the android. @jillar, doesn't your phone tell you to swipe up? Mine does.
  13. @Kris, I feel it may be worthwhile volunteering. To me, the idea of being a contributor to this world in whatever way is important. Sometimes it may be better to do something that's not for ourselves or family.
  14. d2e8b8 replied to Linda's topic in Off The Record
    Awesome news @Linda
  15. I think it's normal to feel that way on some days. Lots of factors go into how the body feels on certain days. Athletes will control their diet and activities days before race day.
  16. Nope! Nice pics @Cbdave
  17. Welcome to this century @jillar There are privacy settings on the phone that may be worth reviewing once.
  18. Oh really, I thought that's what bylaw 101.4.20 was for but wasn't certain. Thanks for the confirmation.
  19. @jillar, will you still talk to me - I think I'm stuck at this low level that no one even remembers what it is.
  20. Congratulations @Kate18 Every milestone is a celebration. The ice cream sounds yummy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.