Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. Good for you philly, I'm glad you got past it. And shows not only how strong you are but how much you want this quit otherwise you would have never posted this SOS. Well done, and just remember we're here if you need us
  2. My Year of Me
  3. I just celebrated two years @Phillyquitter89, cravings (if you can call them that now) are literally a fleeting thought that are gone as quickly as they came. It's nothing like my first six months quit. And timeline's are so different for everyone so you can't base your quit on another's quit. But I can tell you that I too romanced the cigarette and I'm sure that's what made my quit harder. My suggestion to you would be to remind yourself, especially whenyou have a bad crave, of all the benefits you are already seeing. How good you smell, how much better you can taste and smell. And all the money you've saved so far! Also get yourself a ticker for your signature. That way you can watch all the time, money and cigs not smoked add up. It's a great motivator and shows you what you stand to lose should you cave to a crave. You have a great quit going so keep it up, it will get better!
  4. @Whispers I'll take some! Scary avatar, hope you don't piss off the boobie bird lol
  5. And there kinda is a time limit in that these really hard days WILL go away slowly but surely. My first few months were pretty hard but with the help of the board and a couple of SOS's I made it through. You can too
  6. @Phillyquitter89 , what you are experiencing is totally normal and it WILL go away, with time, as long as you don't smoke. Each crave you get past makes it weaker and weaker until it's just a wimpy little thought that crosses your mind. I promise, it will and does get better
  7. @Doreensfree, sausages are already on the menu so order away Today's special though for @Sslip is:
  8. @notsmokinjo I think your avatar screams YOU! But if you are thinking about changing it I think it should go to poll because we don't want something so not you right?!
  9. Saw this on the news last night, creepy.....
  10. Shane, it's so great to celebrate your five monthaversary with you! You are such an important part of this board and such a caring person. Your support and friendship is invaluable and I hope you celebrate your success because you've earned it! In celebration of your five months I got you a couple pool toys to replace that silly ring you seem to love so much
  11. Happy 2 months Rose, you're doing awesome!
  12. Happy Birthday Nancy, hope you have a great day!
  13. Oh @Wee fluffy me , so sorry you have an inconsiderate hubby too. I have decided that it's not so much that they are inconsiderate, it's more that they are self centered and don't think about anyone but themselves. At least that's mine ( we all know Shane is the exception though). Or it's like jo said, that you're beautiful no matter how you think you look Enjoy those treats! Oh and be careful, he may go one step further like mine does and invite them all back to your house!
  14. George is in I didn't even know we had stairs in the joint!
  15. Diane!, It's so good to hear from you, I've missed your mummy hugs Congratulations on 18 months quit It sounds like you've got a great workout regimen going so try not to be too concerned about your lung issues unless or until you have too. Hopefully it's just your lungs continuing to heal from smoking all those years. That's awesome that you and Colin are still working through your bucket lists. My list is boring stuff, not nearly as cool as the exotic trips you two take Anyway, please don't be a stranger, you have such good and loving advice to offer. And keep us posted on your health because we care
  16. Thanks for checking in lml, I'm so pleased to see you still smoke free and having a great time with your brother
  17. Got a special brew for @Doreensfree, let us know if we should start stocking it
  18. jillar replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
  19. jillar replied to Sslip's topic in Off The Record
    Love it! Here's my contributions:
  20. That's how I was with my peppermint puffs lol
  21. This is mine lol
  22. Just go with it cat lover, they're low in calories as long as you don't soak em in butter, have fiber and protein so you're eating pretty healthy
  23. Love Pulp Fiction @WeegieWoman, excellent movie
  24. Great post whispers, I just wanted to add for strong craves: Posting an SOS here so that members can help you through it Reading, playing games, celebrating and socializing here to get your mind off your misery An air cigarette to trick your mind into thinking it's getting the real thing

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.