Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. I was just coming to edit my post because I saw the commercial you posted just now. That guy wasn't podgy at all, do you think your sis may 'be sniffling too much flour?
  2. What's an ad thread?
  3. Why would she not?
  4. Could you and then get back to me on that?
  5. Yea, I think weird is genetic but how does your sister make him run?
  6. Just about everyone but the golfball?
  7. So maybe it's a game like golf?
  8. Like wild pig game or like Monopoly game?
  9. @notsmokinjo, you too have brought me to tears now. I'm honored to be your bassman and I know you ARE already someone else's bassman. I'm so glad I could be there for you and everyone else who needed a hand. But please remember that I too need you guys I've said many a time that no one knows better than we do, what we're going through and that's what makes these boards work. I love you my partner in crime
  10. Could I just ask a board if they get bored?
  11. jillar replied to Sslip's topic in Games
  12. Should I try to get board to see if I get bored?
  13. Beazel you always make me cry from the nice things you say. I agree it must have been fate. And those of us who have traveled this journey have a special bond that no one and no distance can ever take away from us. I love you too my friend
  14. No I'm not much into being cold. Isn't that one of the perks of living here?
  15. It totally does. Sometimes it's hangover Saturday too, is it ok though that I don't use a duvet?
  16. Begins with a single step. I took that single step May 29, 2016. The thing is I knew way before that day that I needed to quit smoking. Heck my doctor had told me I had 10-12 years left to live if I didn't quit just a month prior. He was my replacement doctor for my doctor who had moved on to other things and I instantly didn't like him. He was so mean but also so honest, I knew I needed to quit. My breathing was suffering. I was wheezing and the phlegmy cough, yuck. But then the addict in me would say it's all good, my dad's side die in their early 60's so that too will be my fate. I'm ok with that, after all there's a lot of people up there I'm eager to see. So what made me quit that Sunday May 29, 2016? A few things really. My poor hubby just hated the phlegmy cough and the wheezing. I also was mad at my Dr. for claiming my demise when in fact he had no way of knowing. So I quit. But I didn't tell anyone, with the exception of telling my hubby at about the 28 hour mark. I figured as long as I didn't tell anyone I wouldn't let anyone down. I had no plan, no procedures in place, nothing. The first couple of days weren't as bad as I thought. By day 3 though my body was jonesing for its fix. My tongue was sore so I Googled it which led me to my future message board. The next symptom for me was bleeding gums then insomnia. As each of these happened Google led me to the same board of people who had experienced the same things I had. So knowing that I wasn't that special snowflake eased my mind immensely. But then something else happened. As I began to read the replies to the various posts I was reading I found that I wasn't dwelling on my quit. I was getting a reprieve from the 24/7 thoughts of smoking. So I read. Discussions, celebrations, socializing. I read it all and was glued to the board I had found yet remained a lurker there. Then one day a member posted an SOS and I got to watch everyone rally to help this member through. I registered right then and there and an old pharte named Bassman was the first to welcome me and friend me. I wasn't alone in my fight anymore......
  17. Is a duvet day like my hang over Sunday?
  18. Here you go @Whispers
  19. I'm passing the bottle around now @reciprocity
  20. More of a chant don't you think?
  21. @notsmokinjo do we care? And @WeegieWoman wasn't that song a little one note?
  22. Exactly, so do you think you're missing anything by not seeing Jerry Springer?
  23. No it's not unless you like to watch total chaos?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.