Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Martian5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Martian5

  1. Awesome job on the 2 year mark d2e8b8 --- congrats!!!!!
  2. MQ congrats on the 5 year mark. I thanks so much for paying it forward in such a great way!!!!!!!
  3. Kdad, awesome job on the first month, hardest to do. Keep it going and make sure you take some time to celebrate today!!!
  4. Congrats on the 11 month mark Kelly, awesome job!!!
  5. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  6. Welcome Pumpkin. It is not unusual to be a bit concerned when you are looking at quitting. I know I was after 44 years of smoking but I did want to quit and I did find the courage, a lot of it from here and inside myself -- You to can do this. Read what is on this site, anything and everything it will really help to educate yourself. Also come here often to reach out, good people here but some can be quirky at times but all will help, it can also be fun here. Come here daily to do the daily NOPE pledge -- it truly helps. Others should be along shortly but in the mean time realize that the courage is with in you.
  7. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  8. Martian5 replied to Mel's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Hello and welcome aboard Mel, glad to have you along on this journey. This site can be so helpful in many ways, it truly helped me get my quit going and staying on track. Make a firm commitment and have a good understanding of that when Monday comes around, you can do this....
  9. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  10. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  11. Awesome job on your 2 month quit, congrats and remember to take time to celebrate today. Good things will really start to add up now!!!
  12. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  13. One month, awesome job Christine. You got thru the toughest month now on to greater things. Congrats and remember to reward yourself today!
  14. Well done -- take it 1 hour, 1 day at time -- You can do this. And yes my starter kit did not look too far off this one.
  15. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  16. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  17. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  18. Martian5 replied to Lilly's topic in Socializing
    As stated above do a lot of reading and research on this site, education yourself all you can about this addiction -- it will help and motivate you. I drank a lot of cold water and used deep breathing techniques (you can add an air cigarette -- a plastic straw cut to the length of a cigarette -- helps with the movement and the breathing). Also coming here every day, more if you have to, and doing the daily NOPE pledge -- it may seem hokey but it really helped me. And come here a lot, there are some really good people here though at times we can a bit quirky.
  19. Outstanding !! You have reached the Lido deck -- take time to reflect on the last year, celebrate and reward yourself well today!!
  20. Welcome aboard time4chang nice to have you along on this journey. As has been said coming here and doing the NOPE pledge and educating yourself about this addiction will help greatly. I found deep breathing techniques and drinking lots of cold water helpful. This can be done, it will take some effort but it can be done. Several months ago I was like you, though only with 44 years of smoking, and decided it was just time and I was definitely feeling the bad effects. I just came here every day and took it one day at a time and learned from these great people here. You can do this!
  21. NOPE!!!!!!!!!
  22. Martian5 replied to Mee's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    OK Linda -- Take a deep breath, you can do this. Having a smoke now in fact will solve nothing and very well lead to more stress and disappointment. I too took care of my mother during her final days thru hospice and my two brothers were no where to be found. I take solace in this in that I gave to my mother much like she gave to me when I was a child, yes the responsibility is great but so can be the reward. You are and have been doing this so in face of all the difficulties you are stronger than those around you. Be positive in this and in the end you will feel much better.
  23. 11, fantastic job Weegie. So hard to believe that you are only 1 month away from the Lido deck. I would remind you to take time to celebrate today but it looks like are doing just fine on that --- great job!!!!!!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.