Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BKP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BKP

  1. Which is more likely: Vaping is a benevolent tool to help smokers quit tobacco. Vaping is a tool to lure more people to nicotine addiction and retain those who want to quit by simply giving them a new nicotine delivery system.
  2. Congratulations Jules!
  3. Congratulations on day 4 HN! There's no disputing the early days can be tough. But the payoff is worth it. It will get better soon....just hang in there!
  4. Congratulations John!
  5. Very smart move shaking up your routine NH. Congratulations getting through the first 3 days!
  6. Congratulations Lyn. Best decision ever! As a multi-decade smoker myself, I understand your fear of taking the plunge. But that fear is irrational. Yes, there will be some discomfort in the beginning. But it truly won't kill you. Continued smoking will. As far as the weight gain goes, most people do pack on some extra pounds. I gave myself a pass for the first six months then got back to serious exercise and good nutrition. I'm now in better shape than I was in my thirties (maybe because my lungs aren't coated in tar anymore). Really glad to have you on board. I know you'll enjoy the freedom ahead.
  7. Sorry Doreen. When I think of "peeling feet" I prefer this image:
  8. I saw my doctor before my quit. She tried to get me on every therapy and NRT under the sun. I told her I had tried all of them many times in the past to no avail. She said there was no way I could succeed without some type of medication. She revealed that she was an occasional closet smoker and it was unavoidable that I would need a smoke when I came under stress. Well, I kicked her to the curb and proved her wrong! Whatever path you take will still require the right mindset and some heavy duty determination (as you learned from your opiate addiction) BTW, congrats on 9 years of sobriety. I think seeing your doc is a good idea just to run some standard tests. But regardless, quitting smoking will improve your health no matter what.
  9. It is within you to do this hford....and it will take that 100% commitment. Glad you jumped right back on the horse.
  10. Well done Breathless....congratulations on a big accomplishment. KTQ!
  11. Congratulations KP! That positive attitude and determination will really help you!
  12. One week is something to be really proud of.....keep it going Jklnhd!
  13. Way to go Jp! 9 months is fantastic!
  14. Welcome nellie I think DD pretty much covered it all. Your most powerful weapon in this battle against nicotine addiction is your mind. When it's throwing the most wretched cravings your way, your mind has the capacity to beat it back and say, "it's not gonna happen". After a while the addiction gets sick of trying to punish you. Let us know how you're doing.
  15. I think I'm almost as excited as you are for this day to arrive! Congratulations Pearlie and welcome to the Lido Deck!
  16. BKP commented on Breathless57's blog entry in Breathless57's Blog
    Congratulations........you're now one WEEK smoke free! Great job!
  17. Congratulations Treetop! Closing in fast on that big day!
  18. BKP replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  19. BKP replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  20. BKP replied to kenzie_peyton's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Welcome kenzie! Early on it's about getting through this minute by minute. And every one of those minutes is a victory. Congratulations! And it's really true....it does get easier.
  21. BKP replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  22. BKP replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.