Jklnhd Is Through Hell Week Today!

Reciprocity

Wow! You are the 3rd person on the board that has managed to drag themselves through that 1st week of quitting. What we lovingly refer to as hell week. I'm sure no explanation is required :) You feel like your whole world has been turned upside down!

9s3ti9.jpg

You're through that worst week now, Use the tools you have developed during that 1st week and carry on to week 2. Keep pushing and stay committed and you will make it :)

• Like 2

Thank you everybody, I know I'm a little late responding, it's been a busy week.

The odd/disconnected feeling and general discomfort are noticably less. Only felt the "need" a couple times, and only when I get worked up about something. Haven't given in. Guy at work (only 1 in the building) smokes, the smell makes me a little sick, and a little nostalgic, but mostly sick.

• Like 4

Good job Jklnhd!  Just keep doing what you've been doing and guard that early quit. Try deep breathing when you feel yourself getting worked up. That can help to relax you :) And yes, you really start smelling that stale cigarette smoke on people who are smokers. Be happy that's not you any more. One of the benefits you are already able to enjoy :)

• Like 1

Make it 2 weeks!!!

Walked in the grocery store, that area between the 2 doors was filled with the familiar smell... I'm happy, though somewhat dumbfounded (I think that's a word) as my first thought was disgust. I never liked the smell of some cigarettes, or the taste of others, I was pretty brand dedicated. Come to find out, the guy smoking just outside the door had a pack of one of my go to blends... weird, but I'm not complaining.

Also thanks again everybody.

I feel like I can possibly post/reply in a helpful fashion now. Not that I'm in the clear, or an expert by any means, but like I have some constructive input that's not based off something I read.

• Like 2

^^^ JK - you will find that posting to other people that are coming along behind you actually helps to make your quit more and more solid. I know I was surprised that it really does work that way. Doesn't matter what you have to say just let others know what your experiences have been, how you were feeling and what you did to beat back the addiction. There's no right answer. It's just a collection of our individual experiences that makes a difference to others :) You're doing great by the way. Glad it's been relatively calm for you. Just keep your guard up, this addiction is sneaky :o

• Like 2

Thank you again all. So, one guy at work quit the same time as me, no we didn't plan it, or talk about it, just stopped smoking around the same time, I think he's a day or 2 ahead, but he started dippin (chewin, spittin, wherever your from) which I always though was disgusting, yes I have tried it (years ago), dont have the stomach for it.

So the 1 remaining smoker, I noted today I hadn't seen him smoke in a couple days. I'm debating wether I should bring it up tomorrow or just leave him alone not smoking.

But I digress, thanks again all

• Like 1

For anyone who has never "dipped" imagine chewing gum , pick a flavor, now imagine the tingle of your foot falling asleep, but it's your gums, now make it sting a little, now toss your cookies.... that was my 1 time experience about 7 years ago. That was an easy "never again"

• Like 1