Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackie

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jackie

  1. Hi ExTex! We can do this together!!!! I've found over the last few weeks that this is the place to be. At first, I thought that talking about smoking would make me want to smoke more. I just wanted to forget about those darn cigarettes all together. However, I've found that reading all the "senior non-smoker's" advice, watching videos and posting (even updating us on your mood for the day) makes an enormous difference and helps with cravings and bad thoughts. I think the biggest thing I've learned is to find something to do during down time. Read a book, catch a good TV series, get on this site, cook a large meal (or meal plan) or exercise. All of these have helped keep my hands and most importantly, my mind busy. I'm finding that things I didn't think would be fun without smoking (ice fishing, playing in the snow, being with friends, etc) are just as fun, if not more without having to stop every 15 minutes. There is no limit now to what you can do! You got this!!!!
  2. You can do this!!!! I tried quitting multiple times and will say that eventually, your head knows its time and when its THE TIME, the cravings are easier to handle because you know there is no going back. Instead of playing the game in your head "don't go buy a pack," tell yourself it's not even on the table! That helped me. It's not even up to discussion in my head because its not an option :). You got this lady! Keep at it! We can do it together!!
  3. Yes! And all food tastes better too. I can smell smoke on others at work that I never realized smoke...its quite impressive! :) My lungs still aren't letting me go as far as I'd like in the exercise world, but that will take some time. I know they are getting better slowly but surely. One other thing I've noticed already is that my veins are not as blue or pronounced. Especially in my arms and on my neck...they seem to have faded a bit..... Thanks for checking in on me!
  4. This made me LOL! :)
  5. I had to check my ticker to remind myself how many days I've been a NON-SMOKER! I don't feel as though I am quitting anymore, I feel like a non-smoker. I've tried 4 or 5 times to quit in the past and always slipped a time or two in the first weeks, felt like my world was caving in, played the game "go buy a pack, its fine, don't buy a pack idiot" or like I lost my best friend. This final quit has been an enjoyable experience (I can't believe I'm saying this). I feel SO MUCH BETTER, I have so much energy and I have more confidence than I ever thought was possible. I know that I will never be out of the woods as I am just a person that gets hooked easily, but man, I have no urge to go back. I forget for long periods of time that I am not smoking during commercial breaks or that I'm not smoking on my drive to work. Life has been really really good to me over the last 20 days. I think this is in large part thanks to you guys! Thanks for all the support. Keep it coming because as you know, tough days do happen and support will always be needed. Cheers to 20 days and the rest of my life... Thank you! J
  6. You can do this for sure!!!!!! Once you get through the really tough days, it makes you feel even more capable and never want to go back!
  7. Way to go Nik! Sticking it out through the tough times should prove to yourself you can do it no matter what comes your way! You got this!!!!! It helps me to post here when I have a really bad day, a really bad craving or just to celebrate the little steps with the folks here. I am also on the patch and it is really working for me. However, I cannot wait to be nicotine free so I don't have those withdraw symptoms without the patch on. Keep at it! :)
  8. I'm a 2017'er! I've been a 2015'er, 2016'er and now...2017 is the year! I'm doing really really well at the moment :) Weekends are the toughest because I have more down time. I plan on keeping busy this weekend with a great book and if I have to, helping my husband remodel our bathroom....although, I'd rather do ANYTHING other than that....:) Beats Smoking! NOPE
  9. Hi Kelley, Congrats on the best decision!!! :) You can do this with nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain!
  10. I have an excessively large bag of jolly ranchers. I pop one in when I get a craving, when I'm bored or when I'm in the car I bought some aromatherapy candles and lotions. Nothing calms me faster than a good smelling lotion, which actually smells good because you can smell it!!! Sniff the cravings away. Lots of water - I like carbonated water as it feels like I'm having a pop...makes it feel like a treat Support from Quit Train (what a godsend) If I get a particularly bad craving on the weekend, I might take a quick nap READING (been my new habit) Going to a movie Taking my husbands never-smoked-in truck vs my smoked-in-everyday car
  11. Such a perfect post and surely needed to be reminded today! Thank you Nancy! :)
  12. Hola folks, Question for you. At what point during your quit did you forget that you were a smoker or that you missed cigarettes? I am so ansy to get to the stage that I don't think about cigarettes. Please tell me you eventually get there....? Thank you, J
  13. Hi Marti, Doing well today. This morning again, didn't want to get out of bed, but once I did and got moving, I forgot all about those lil' devils. I'm about ready to eat lunch and mix my healthy salad together and read! I'm not sure what's happening to me, but all of these changes are making me feel pretty darn good. I don't have to leave work at lunch anymore and trudge out into the frozen ice storm we had today, to sit in my car, try and not go in the ditch and smoke all lunch. Sounds like a pretty bad day now that I think about it. Instead, I'm going to read a great book and keep up on this website :) Thanks for checking in!!!
  14. Jackie replied to joe's topic in Socializing
    So happy for your Joe!!!! :D
  15. Good Lucky Nicky! You can do this! I am 14 days quit with the patches. The biggest lie I told myself is the patches would take away the cravings completely and it would be a breeze. Although they have helped me tremendously, it still takes a real determination and support to stay quit. Even with the patch on, don't forget to distract yourself, suck on some hard candy (jolly ranchers really work for me, the blue raspberry kind) and read these blogs anytime you feel edgy. You can do it and don't give in...the cravings do get better!!!!!!
  16. Jackie replied to BAT's topic in Celebrations!
    Nice work!!!! Way to go!
  17. Hi All - Checking in today to let you know I made it through a very difficult weekend with the only people I know that still smoke....I even had a beer (which I tend to not let myself drink when quitting because I cave too easy). I didn't have a single puff, NOPE. I think this is the time for me because although the cigarette smelled good and I missed the social aspect, I instantly thought of all the reasons I chose to quit in the first place and my mind became grounded again. I think at some point, your body just can't do it anymore and your mind knows its time. Did anyone else get to that point? I already feel the difference in my lungs and my new exercise regime is helping as well. The patches seem to really work for me, but I am also excited to get off them in the next two months and be completely nicotine free. Side note, mornings are getting better. I've taken some advice and change my routine by not getting up so gosh darn early just to smoke :) I sleep in an extra half hour and then get some coffee and start getting around. If I wake up to early, I read. I've been obsessed with reading the last few weeks. My mood has also been incredibly normal this time...my husband is extremely thankful and man he is a trooper. He HATES cigarettes, never smoked a day in his life, yet loved me anyways and never hounded me to quit. He always asked when I was going to, but never made me feel bad. He tells me he's proud every day and I know that kind of support is helping more and more. Anyways, thank you all for your continued support. I know the cravings are not over and won't be until I'm off of the ol' nicotine, but I have you and great friends and family for support. Thanks again and all my best from the frozen Tundra, Michigan.
  18. You can do this!!!!!
  19. I pledge my one year commitment now (hopefully many many many more years after that) :)
  20. The first step is that you are ready to quit! You can do this! :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.