Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackie

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jackie

  1. Hi Cheryl, Glad you are here! Congrats on your decision to quit :) It's never too late or too many attempts! I rely heavily on herbal tea, something such as Celeste Sleepy Time tea...really helps calm everything down a bit. Also, Melatonin is a godsend if you need the extra push. It's a vitamin and does not make you feel groggy or anything in the morning.
  2. Hi there, Weird question. I am seeing that some members are rated on a 5 star system. Who rates members and how does that work? Also, I've noticed that my tag line has been changed from Member, to Advanced Member to Versed Member. Who does that and what do they mean? I'm so out of the know with this stuff LOL! Just want to know so I can participate further in the forum if I know what all the features are. Thank you so much for your help! J
  3. Hi Markus, I'm newer to this forum and your message is a very powerful one! Congratulations on 9 amazing years smoke-free!!! I'm so glad it's not a big deal to you anymore, but I hope you never quit celebrating because what an accomplishment. All of my best to you!
  4. You have this EX! At least you know your trigger and can do things to prevent smoking...ANYTHING is better :) Eat a gallon of ice cream, shove candies into your mouth, keep gum on you, drink lots and lots of water....you can do this! Think of how great you will feel conquering a big trigger like this! :)
  5. Congrats Dee! I think the hardest part of quitting is the initial idea to quit! You already nailed that, so welcome aboard :). Folks here are awesome and have supported me in my journey to stay quit, forever....not just for now :). I found that creating a ticker can be fun and and easy motivational tool to see how much you are saving and how many nasty smokes you aren't smoking anymore. GOOD LUCK TO YOU and please let us know if you ever need anything. You got this!
  6. How are you coming along Reciprocity?
  7. Congrats Pedro!!! Huge accomplishment!
  8. LOL! They all taste like dog turds!
  9. Happy V-Day to all! That is a huge benefit of being a non-smoker as well..not having to brush my teeth, chew gum or just kiss on the cheek because I smell like fresh dog turds....:) Best regards, J
  10. Thanks Doreen! You are just wonderful my friend :wub:
  11. Doing ok today Doreen, thank you for asking!!! I'm going to share a bit of personal information with you guys now. My husband and I have been together since we were 14. That makes it 14 years at this time...a long, very happy time! We've been trying for a baby for about 4 of these years. We found out last year that both of us have issues preventing us from getting pregnant naturally. We've been struggling each month, going through artificial treatments, knowing it won't work. We are going through these so that insurance will cover in-vitro (IVF). We are on month 3 or 6 and its becoming EXTREMELY frustrating. Needless to say, the more of my close friends that get pregnant, the harder it becomes for us. I want to mention how proud I am that through all of this, I've remained smoke free. Last night was very tough, hearing that one of my closest friends will be adding to their family. Although I am delighted for them (I really am), I wanted to scream and my natural response was to light a smoke. But guess what? I DIDN'T!!!!! I'm realizing more and more that smoking only makes things worse and I can't imagine the guilt I'd have if I smoked, on top of all the other emotions. I am a proud non-smoker and nothing will stand in the way of that! So, when I say that this blog has helped me, I mean it in more ways than I can imply. The fact that you've helped to keep me a non-smoker is one less thing to worry about. I think I really needed a big motivator to open my eyes, I want to be a good, HEALTHY momma one day. Sorry for the book and the emotions today, just not my day. Thanks all! J
  12. Hi Reciprocity! So glad that you are here :) It wasn't that long ago I was new to this forum. This forum will help you with any questions, bad days, good days and most importantly, give you folks to talk to who have been in the exact same boat. It's a real good bunch here and anything you need, just post! Stay busy, remind yourself daily why you quit and what you are NOT missing. Congrats on making the best decision of your life! Good luck to you my friend :)
  13. I too love reading your daily posts! Great motivation!
  14. Vote for Nik! :D Way to go!
  15. Nice work!!!! :) I'm so happy for you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.