Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

babs609

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by babs609

  1. Wonderful!! Hsppy 8 years!!
  2. Congratulations octain
  3. Doing awesome Jo! Thsnkd for all you do to pay it forward
  4. That is because you were perceived to be trolling. Not sure what happened or what you posted. We have issues sometimes with troublemakers. Helps if you introduce yourself properly
  5. Not sure of the relevance of this on someone’s introductory post?? Merryxmas, Are we familiar with you here?
  6. Welcome mr Hamilton!
  7. Here's my advice...don't be afraid! 1. Look at it like a learning experience. Watch them...watch how they get fidgety when they aren't smoking. You will be fine during those moments because you aren't a smoker. Now that is freedom!! 2. Notice how they stink--YUK!!! 3. Don't try to avoid them...if they all go out to smoke, don't be afraid to go with them. It's not the smoking that socializes them....it's the socializing. Believe me, they will be envious of you for being so strong. 4. Unless someone seriously wants to talk about how you quit smoking..(send them here) I would avoid talking too much about it. Just because I feel smokers like to protect themselves and they aren't ready to hear it. 5. Dance your butt off! Because you can and you won't be huffing and puffing like your friends 6. Smoking isn't even an option for you...so, have a wonderful time and enjoy your first party with the smoking crowd...after that it will be easy peasy whenever you are in their company again.
  8. c9jane, I know your heart was in the right place. I love that you reached out to her. I don't really know Lily's history and how many relapses she has had. Historically we have had a few people who would relapse every other day for weeks and months and it gets frustrating all the support and time people have invested in their quit. I get it. I even understand your post in frustration regarding her relapse. But.......I do have to say that it was unnecessary to post the screen shots of your conversation. Protecting members privacy is important to me and I don't want anyone here to feel that any of there private messages could be "outed" any time. I want all members to feel safe here. We try to steer clear of heavy moderation and deleting posts but to protect Lilly's privacy I am deleting that portion of your post. Sorry about that.
  9. babs609 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2
  10. I can't believe how much I was running!!! I was doing that along with 5 days a week for an hour of intense workouts Here I think I am doing great at 3 days a week I did run on the treadmill the other day and it felt great..but my endurance sucks time to get back to it!
  11. I just want to weigh in here I never saw Boo's posts as trying to prove himself at all. I found them inspirational and motivating as hell! I always used this thread for accountability to myself (I would have NEVER completed The Babs Abs 30 day challenge without coming everyday and posting that I did it) I also felt that this thread was a great motivator. No matter your age, ability, strength or endurance. Just keep moving! Nobody should feel bad for not exercising...but also nobody should have to apologize when they are. If that makes any sense? Obviously we are all here because we wanted to improve our health...and this thread is an extension of that desire... after quitting smoking. Love you all! Back to business at hand..... The holidays are approaching...and so is menopause for me..so I am trying to get a grip on my fitness before I fall back into that black pit of unhealthy habits and deep dark depression. When I was in the best shape of my life , i was here daily. Once I peaked though, it felt a little futile and repetitive.. so I naturally stopped the daily postings even though I was still working out. But......it's creeping back...slowly...and I will be damned if I undo all the hard work I did. TIme to get a grip!
  12. babs609 replied to Cader28's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Welcome Cader!! You've definitely come to the right place You can absolutely do this! Your baby will never know you as a smoker....starting....NOW stay close to the board and do a lot of reading! Education is the key and lots and lots of support always have water handy and some fruits/juice and even sweets if necessary...your blood sugars will tend to run low during the next few days.
  13. ooh I do hope Rez and Tracey stop by! Would be great to hear from them! Miss the good old days when Rez would do his news reports...hysterical!! Happy 5 year anniversary Rez!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.