Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pippa

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pippa

  1. Still warm here despite winter being here - so chicken and salad
  2. Olà Carlos - welcome and congratulations on deciding to quit .... I really wish I had been smart enough to do that in my 30s - so well done you :-). Read up ands stay close - there is great support here :-)
  3. I synced them through the Fitbit app and just use MFP for recording food as it has a better database ??? Had a lighter workout today as I was a bit sore - Did some time on the treadmill and weights
  4. Happy birthday Sue - hope you pop by and let us know how you celebrated ?? xx
  5. Boxing at lunch and then basketball tonight ... I don't know what is hurting more ... Arms or legs LOL :-)
  6. Wow - that is not a way you want to get out of going to the gym! Hope you're feeling better ??
  7. Yesterday heavy leg weights with my trainer and today I did a small group class - lots of shuttle runs with high intensity exercise ... Burpees etc .....I think I no longer have feeling in my legs at the minute and loving it !!!
  8. Congratulations- you did great and to take away a win must be icing on the cake :-). Although I still find it hard to believe people can still smoke inside anywhere - everything is smoke free here !
  9. Awesome post Marti- and think of what a great role model you are now for your kids ...so happy for you and them :-). And maybe next time you could include a potential to make people snort out loud at work spoiler ....BEFORE including the ninja comments ??
  10. Awesome work - congrats on a super 7 months :-)
  11. I'm loving looking at an awesome non smoker ... Go you :-)
  12. Pippa replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    Right - that is just rubbing it in !! Coming into winter here and we are already whining about the cold .... I mean yesterday it was 16 Celsius !!
  13. If their quit is like mine - that certainly wouldn't be the case ... Just say'n .... Sorry if that is too much info :-)
  14. Yay Gabby so happy for you and so proud in equal measures ... You certainly are a clever girl xx
  15. Hey RC - welcome aboard :-) I agree read up - there is heaps of great info here and stay close - there is great support here ... Looking forward to reading more of you :-)
  16. Yep - I was certain I could quit when I wanted ... And I was going to do it by the time I was 30, no maybe 35, make that 40 .... Well at least I turned 50 smoke free .... I was only 18 years later than planned !!
  17. Pippa replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    Awesome news - congratulations xx
  18. WTF

    Pippa replied to jess's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Hey Jess - stay strong this to will pass ... You can do this ! Get on with enjoying that wonderful smoke free life and know we are all cheering you on ! xx
  19. There are hugs, cookies and wine here ?? How come no one told me to come here earlier - I thought you were all my friends ??
  20. Oh sweetie - so,sorry you are having a hard time ! But yep you nailed it - smoking will not make any of these go away ! You have faced down some amazing challenges in that quit of yours and what I have admired- is how well you have done it ! Exercising, mediatation and even crying are all good .... Smoking not ... And you are consistently making the right choice :-). Hang tough and know that we are all here for support .... We love what you are doing xx
  21. Babs rest days are good - you need to give your body time to heal .... Only prob is when there are more rest days than exercise days - and I can't see that happening with you .... Just say'n ! :-) Friday here - so got to the gym and did some elliptical and treadmill ... Am now welcoming the weekend with a well earned glass of wine :-)
  22. Hi Rocki - congrats on a fabulous 2 months - if the chocolates are helping you stay quit then I wouldn't stress too much about that at the moment .... Concentrate on nurturing this quit first and then you have already proved yourself strong enough to deal with the chocs xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.