July 16, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, Reciprocity said: My Grandfather, on my father's side, was a championship marksman with I believe if was called The Canadian Rifle Association. He won many awards in shooting competitions. Today in Canada, next to impossible to own a firearm legally. Semi automatic and automatic rifles all banned. Many hand guns as well banned. The criminals have illegal guns of course but so far, they're pretty much using them on each other 😞 I get it, my wife is Canadian eh. We have been watching the Government getting more tyrannical up there for a while, Vancouver is about as safe as Seattle or Portland now days.
August 3, 20233 yr We can file this away as: Things we don't expect to ruin our game of golf! (click on link to open video) https://globalnews.ca/news/9871471/bear-video-golf-bag-course/?utm_source=newsshowcase&utm_medium=gnews&utm_campaign=CDAqEAgAKgcICjDM1YULMM75ggMw0a_WAQ&utm_content=rundown Edited August 3, 20233 yr by Reciprocity
August 10, 20233 yr Makes me terribly sad to see pics of the destruction of the town of Lahaina in Maui. I remember being there some years ago and it was magical! In particular, a magnificent tree in the town square. It looked to be a hundred years old or more. Now gone; all of it! The tree, the town square where people gathered. the quaint shopping district and many, many businesses. So sad 😪 It was a beautiful place with so many beautiful local people. All gone now in a day's time. Prayers for those people 🙏 https://www.google.com/search?q=You+Tube+Lahaina+on+Fire&rlz=1C1CHBF_en&oq=You+Tube+Lahaina+on+Fire&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQRRhA0gEJMTIxNzVqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:02f966e8,vid:UEy7eewsrmk
August 10, 20233 yr I visited Lahaina years ago too and it was a quaint little town, we even stopped for lunch there at the cafe. Great time, it's so sad the devastation. 😞
September 9, 20233 yr 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only rich people owned cars. Today, everyone owns a car but only rich people own horses.
September 10, 20233 yr If poison is past it's expiry date, does it become more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?
September 16, 20233 yr If you rip a hole in a net, there are fewer holes in the net than before you did.
September 18, 20233 yr What if my dog only brings the ball back because he thinks I like throwing it?
September 18, 20233 yr That's a very thoughtful dog you have. Mine would chase a ball but wasn't thrilled about giving it back and having to go chase it again
September 20, 20233 yr Every time you clean something, you make something else dirty so why bother cleaning anything at all?
September 21, 20233 yr I was thinking about how accomplished my week was then thought about extras I had slipped in this week one of which was sending a rescue toilet paper slide down the wall of the bathtub to help a daddy long leg out of it. He was trying so hard to get up the sides and their skinny legs are so delicate that grabbing it almost always results in loss of limb and its pretty pathetic watching a daddy long leg walk with a missing limb
September 22, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, jillar said: I was thinking about how accomplished my week was then thought about extras I had slipped in this week one of which was sending a rescue toilet paper slide down the wall of the bathtub to help a daddy long leg out of it. He was trying so hard to get up the sides and their skinny legs are so delicate that grabbing it almost always results in loss of limb and its pretty pathetic watching a daddy long leg walk with a missing limb You're lucky he didn't get you with his pincer legs 😵
September 26, 20233 yr Have you ever noticed the word SWIMS reads the same when turned upside down? Edited September 26, 20233 yr by Reciprocity
October 14, 20232 yr That damn shit just won't leave us alone!! Hope it's just a mild case and you recover soon! 🤗 Hopefully there's someone close by that can get you stuff you might need while you're recovering.
October 20, 20232 yr Hi peeps ... Thank you for your good wishes. I am heaps bettet but still not a 💯 Hope i havent missed too much
October 20, 20232 yr Only missed a couple of arse woopings in Chicks or Sticks 🙃 Good to hear you're getting better D!
October 21, 20232 yr For some reason I was thinking about some of the odd regional sayings I've heard in my life. Most are from the east coast of Canada; Newfoundland in particular. Some of these always take me by surprise and confusion as to what they're saying to me, especially with their strange accent thrown in. If you're ever in Newfoundland expect to hear some bizarre phrases like: Who Knit Ya? (Who are your parents) Wadda Ya At? (What are you doing) Where Y' Longs To? (Where are you from) Stay Where Yer To Till I Comes Where Yer At (Stay where you are till I get there) Anyone got any others you've heard at some point? Must be some Aussie or Brit phrases that make you shake you head in confusion?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.