January 31, 20188 yr Be it medical or recreational, more than half of citizens of the United States have legal access to cannabis. I attribute much of that to awareness. Today’s communications. People know more about the propaganda they've been fed over the years. What is your stance on the legalization of cannabis? Edited March 3, 20188 yr by Octain
January 31, 20188 yr Sarge doesn't believe Uncle Sugar, your State, nor anyone else for that matter, has the legal authority to declare something a "crime" when it has no victim . Your government (no matter what your nation) has been stepping all over you - this is just one among a limitless multitude of intrusions - and its time the bullshit stopped. Do what you want, folks. Sarge is largely Libertarian in that sense. It matters not what you choose to do ... so long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights to do what they choose to do. That being said, Sarge hasn't touched the stuff since 2005 - a one-time "lets try it again" after formally laying off the stuff in 1996. He still doesn't see the point - it was waaaay fun as a teen - but Sarge likes to be able to connect logical thoughts in his day-to-day life these days ... but so what. Have at it. It's your choice and it's none of anyone's business. Not Sarge's. Least of all your Government's. EZPZ
January 31, 20188 yr It will become legal in a few months here in Canada. Personally, I could care less as I have no interest in it at least for now. That could change I suppose. I figure the only interest the Federal Govt. has in all this is the $$ part of it. A "new" revenue stream is pretty hard to come by these days. This would appear to be one they haven't yet been able to tap into. I do think it at the very least should be decriminalized because it's not appropriate that people end up with a criminal record just because they smoked a few joints or whatever.
January 31, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, sgt.barney said: Sarge doesn't believe Uncle Sugar, your State, nor anyone else for that matter, has the legal authority to declare something a "crime" when it has no victim . 45 minutes ago, reciprocity said: I do think it at the very least should be decriminalized because it's not appropriate that people end up with a criminal record just because they smoked a few joints or whatever. Yep. What they said. Back when I was eighteen, maybe nineteen years-old, I read a book by Peter McWilliams titled "Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country." It was a book that forever altered my perception and I've never viewed our "war on drugs" and the continued enforcement of victimless crimes the same way.
January 31, 20188 yr It's still very much illegal in the UK... The police here do many a early morning raid...never used it myself...never felt the need...i had my trusty cancer sticks .....
January 31, 20188 yr I am fairly indifferent. I live in a state where pot is illegal and unless the federal government legalizes it, it will probably always be illegal here. I used to use it on occasion years ago and I would have been supportive of it being legalized then. Since quitting smoking, I really have no desire to voluntarily inhale smoke into my lungs anymore, regardless of it being weed or tobacco. That being said, I really don't think it is any worse than alcohol or tobacco and I don't really see the point why it is illegal. There are far more serious things that law enforcement should be focusing their efforts on. Just my opinion. Edited January 31, 20188 yr by johnny5
February 1, 20188 yr Author Alcohol and tobacco are far more worse than cannabis. The most dangerous thing about cannabis, it’s illegal.
February 1, 20188 yr Don't call yourself a "non smoker" if you smoke weed. If you are going to move from tobacco to weed, why not just keep smoking your cigarettes too? Not like you are truly quitting smoking just substituting. In today's society, they act like you are just a worthless asshole if you use nicotine or tobacco in any form. Chew tobacco? Use the gum? Pills like Chantix? Well, that isn't really "quitting" but just substitution. They are so dead set against tobacco and nicotine that it is annoying even for those who quit smoking. If you smoke cigarettes, you get razzed because you are hurting yourself and everyone around you and screwing up the space-time continuum blah blah. But come time to make cannabis legal, well why not, it isn't harmful. I do not care what someone wants to do to their health. What bothers me about the whole "legal cannabis" crap is how they have been coming down on tobacco for decades but cannabis is somehow okay. Every lung-destroying product that comes along at first is marketed as being "not harmful". Cigarettes, vape, now cannabis. Cannabis or weed or whatever they call it now actually is harmful. Have you ever smoked it? the effect is it puts you in this relaxed daze. Kind of like being drunk but not as numbing. You will be pretty oput of it though, like you should not be driving. I have smoked it probably a dozen times in my life. Never again. If I am going to quit smoking, I am going to quit smoking. And honestly if I WERE to start smoking anything again, it would be cigarettes. Those are legal, cheaper, easier to come by, and taste better.
February 2, 20188 yr > Don't call yourself a "non smoker" if you smoke weed. LOL now that's just Dumbassery all the way 'round. EZPZ
February 2, 20188 yr My State recently legalized it and then immediately delayed the onset while they figured out how to control it I personally don't like the stuff but I have no issues with those that do. Do people smoke it still? I thought edibles was the thing now.
February 2, 20188 yr For anyone who has no problems with legal cannabis - Would you want someone you cared about being a passenger in a car where the driver just got done smoking some? I sure would not. if it were someone I hated like my neighbors then I would delight in the fact but not someone I cared for. I know, I am a dumb ass.
February 2, 20188 yr Author Thing about weed, it can be consumed many different ways other than combustion/smoking. And usually with much better and much safer results. In my opinion people who smoke cannabis don’t do it as a substitute for smoking cigarettes. In other words, they don’t smoke cannabis for the act of smoking, they smoke it to get stoned(go figure). Also, cannabis does not contain nicotine. There are no addictive properties in cannabis. Last time I tried cigarettes they didn’t give me a buzz LOL. Actually, they didn’t do anything for me. People have been consuming cannabis for thousands of years. No one has ever died as a result of smoking cannabis, overdose or otherwise. It’s not some new thing. I’m not by any means an authority on the subject. I’m also not an advocate for the consumption of cannabis. But there are properties from the plant that actually help people live a better life. But with cannabis being a schedule one drug studies can’t secure a future for a medicine that has been used for thousands of years that could possibly help the quality of life for many people. The problem with cannabis is it’s been demonized for so many years that people just ignore any positive aspects from the plant. And there are many…Not just as a medicine but also as a very VERY replenishable resource, fuel, textiles and many other benefits. Illegal cannabis is used as a decoy on our Mexican borders to bring in the drugs that are actually killing people. If it was illegal what would be the point.. What the people need is educated. But unfortunately most don’t feel that any change in the federal laws will have a direct effect on them. So, so, so, wrong. This plant has the potential of changing the entire landscape of society. We haven’t even began to scratch the surface…
February 2, 20188 yr Author 22 minutes ago, Jetblack said: For anyone who has no problems with legal cannabis - Would you want someone you cared about being a passenger in a car where the driver just got done smoking some? There are probably more stoned drivers on the road than not. I shit you not. Not stoned on weed but other substances that society finds exceptable.
February 2, 20188 yr Just like with Alcohol and prescription medications (Even OTC) it's up to people to take personal responsibility when it comes to being impaired and driving. I think history has shown that making a substance illegal does not prevent it's use.
February 2, 20188 yr Author 44 minutes ago, Jenny said: I thought edibles was the thing now. Edibles are a huge part of Cannabis consumption. Supposedly it works very well for pain management, anxiety, depression, ptsd and a plethora of other elements that people take doctor prescribed and pharmaceutical recommended synthetic chemicals for. Which, in my opinion has got to be better than a Vicodin or a Oxycontin, ect. Which we already know how many people that shit kills every year. Just now, Jenny said: Just like with Alcohol and prescription medications (Even OTC) it's up to people to take personal responsibility when it comes to being impaired and driving. I think history has shown that making a substance illegal does not prevent it's use. Well said..
February 3, 20188 yr Just now, Octain said: Edibles are a huge part of Cannabis consumption. Supposedly it works very well for pain management, anxiety, depression, ptsd and a plethora of other elements that people take doctor prescribed and pharmaceutical recommended synthetic chemicals for. Which, in my opinion has got to be better than a Vicodin or a Oxycontin, ect. Which we already know how many people that shit kills every year. That's what I thought. I know several folks who get great results in medicinal use for chronic conditions. It's pretty heavily prescribed at the Cancer Center in the hospital I work at. I've been told the shops that sell it put it in candy etc.. Seems like a healthier way to get the medicinal benefits than to smoke it. Smoking anything is a bad idea if you ask me. I know people who smoked weed and cigarettes daily and I have no idea how their lungs held up! Mine were toast just from cigarettes!
February 3, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, Jenny said: My State recently legalized it and then immediately delayed the onset while they figured out how to control it I personally don't like the stuff but I have no issues with those that do. Do people smoke it still? I thought edibles was the thing now. This is what is happening in Canada now too. It's the feds that are legalizing it and all the other levels of Government are expected to control it so they are freaking out now because they're not ready. Police agencies are not ready either for the whole driving while impaired thing. Although, I really wonder if many more people will be out there smoking it that weren't already. I personally don't know anyone who intends to take it up when it's legal. Those that already smoke it will just carry on I expect. I don't see a "reefer madness" thing happening once it's legalized.
February 4, 20188 yr On 2/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, Jetblack said: For anyone who has no problems with legal cannabis - Would you want someone you cared about being a passenger in a car where the driver just got done smoking some? I wouldn't want someone I cared about to get in the car with a drunk driver either. That doesn't change the fact that the prohibition of alcohol in America was an abject failure.
February 4, 20188 yr On 2/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, Jetblack said: For anyone who has no problems with legal cannabis - Would you want someone you cared about being a passenger in a car where the driver just got done smoking some? I sure would not. if it were someone I hated like my neighbors then I would delight in the fact but not someone I cared for. I know, I am a dumb ass. That's why we currently have, and always have had laws against driving while impaired.. It's not like it's any harder to do or even more illegal when prohibitions are in effect. The crime is driving while impared. Endangering lives. Not smoking weed. Comparing the two is again: illogical dumbassery. EZPZ
March 3, 20188 yr Some dont smoke it out here, they eat it! Special cookies, brownies etc. No care either way, i havent smoked in over a decade that stuff
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.