Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you remember your 1st Horror Movie !!!

Featured Replies

Mine was the first version of The Gorgon..in the 60s.....

I was too young to see this...but sneaked in...

Boy !!!...I crapped myself ..and was scared stiff for weeks...slept with the light on..

Self inflicted...

Probably Alien or Aliens on TV at night without sound. It was intense i remember that. Saw alien covenant on the cinema a few months ago, nearly shit myself bad!! Im such a ***** i shouldnt see horror at all im much too sensitive :(

Kill it! Kill it wirh fire!!!

"The Shining" was the first legitimate horror movie I watched.

 

Before that, the only "scary" movies I had seen was when Channel 9 did a temporary reboot of "Shock Theater."  Dr. Shock, Nurse Goodbody, and Dingbat would show old, low-budget movies that were so awful they were unintentionally funny.

 

The first thing I remember being legitimately scared by was the song "Black Sabbath" by the band Black Sabbath.  A friend of mine had an older brother who told me a bunch of stories about that song.  He said the government banned the song because it was evil.  Something about drop-D tuning and "the devil's chord."  Then he dared me to listen to it.  Turned the lights off.  Put the song on.  When Ozzy screamed "OH NO!", he held a flashlight under his chin and screamed at me.  Scared the bejeezus out of me.

 

I tell ya...when you're a young fella hanging out with the older boys it's a thin line between good natured ribbing and psychological warfare. 

Strait Jacket (Bette Davis 1964). Who wouldn't be afraid of a woman with an ax?!

aUu6KkY.gif

  • Author

After watching half of A Nightmare On Elm Street 1..which freaked me out.

I have never been able to watch any of them..even now..the thought of Freddie scares the crap out of me..

I was scared to go asleep... For a long time..

For me..I think this has been the most scarey...

For me it was The Exorcist.  Terrifying!  Some of those lines haunt me to this day...  "Father, could you help an old altar boy? I'm Cat'lick." 

And what his mother purportedly was doing in hell... sheeesh 

  • 2 weeks later...

That clown from Poltergeist didn't help me sleep. I guess that was the closest to "horror movie" back then. I guess the REAL first was the 1976 movie "Bugs" but that was just, ummm, whatever.

I cannot believe no one has mentioned one of the truest hardcore horror flicks of the 80's - the original Ghostbusters. I was horrified, even as a kid, at just how corny it was. After seeing that stupid marshmallow man walk down the street, I was embarrassed for weeks!

I snuck downstairs during my sister's sleepover...... they were watching Hell Raiser..... couldn't have been more than 7....... I was afraid to sleep on my mattess for a month.....

2ut5ft0.gif

Nightmare on Elm Street, happened to live on Elm St at the time.  Children of the Corn, around the time I realized that my grandfather's name was Malachi.. .

17 minutes ago, Colleen said:

 Children of the Corn, around the time I realized that my grandfather's name was Malachi.. .

Oh yeah.... SO Creepy 

6 hours ago, Colleen said:

Nightmare on Elm Street, happened to live on Elm St at the time.  Children of the Corn, around the time I realized that my grandfather's name was Malachi.. .

My hubby wanted to name our son this and I instantly thought of Children of the Corn..... I was like Oh Hell No!!!!!!

  • 2 months later...

 When I was a kid I remember sitting in front of the TV with my father and my sister watching Night Stalker. My father loved horror movies. 

 I’m not sure what year it was but the first real horror movie I ever saw was Jaws.  In a theater. I was absolutely horrified.

^^^ My wife was afraid to swim anywhere but an enclosed pool for probably 20 years after she saw Jaws. Even in freshwater lakes :3_grin:

I finally got her to start going back in the ocean when we started going on vacations down south, which is basically where the sharks live isn't it?

There is one "scary" movie i guess that had an effect -

Oculus.

The ending was horribly dumb. I was terrified that something so stupid could just swoop down and take away two hours of my life! And then there was the $5 I spent but will never get back.

 

Also the remake of Poltergeist. Hardcore cult fans of the original have killed themselves because the remake was so sorry.

 

John Carpenter's "The Thing"

 

Best line "You've got to be ******* kidding me."

 

 

 

Actually the original "Thing" from the 1950's was the first scary movie I remember watching.  The Exorcist overall is the scariest movie I have seen.  I have actually been to the outdoor staircase in the movie where one of the priest's met his demise, a very scary place to be after midnight (the things I did and places I have been while in the military).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.