Got my ducks all in a row I'm ready to go

Well today is the day. Been lurking here and reading and educating myself. Keep putting off the quit but woke up today and said this is it..quit day. Tired of the excuses I make like weight gain etc. Well I am overweight but cigarettes are not making me skinny lol. Been a smoker for over 50 years. Time to stop trying and just do it.

So I got four different exercise tapes, water, green tea and lots of gumption. I am ready. No more excuses.

Feel really good and ready to start this new life. So ready to face the upcoming battles that lay ahead of me.

Looked in the mirror and did not like what I saw. Let myself go all because of needing money for those gosh awful poison sticks. So at my one week mark I am going to treat myself to a new hairdo. Have my list of all the rewards I am going to give myself along this journey.

So at 11 o'clock I parted ways with my old life and said hello freedom.

Thank you Recip for the kind message..I was preparing for the day I would put to sleep this addiction...So here I go..ducks all in a row...and gonna go make that first nope. Thanks for listening

• Like 9

Welcome about our Quit Train bernadette :) Sounds like you have done your homework and have a pretty good plan in place to face what's ahead. Good point on the rewards too. Those are important because you'll be doing some hard work over the next while but it will be very worthwhile in the end. As long as you want to quit more than you want to smoke, you'll be successful. Keep a list of your reasons for quitting handy so you can look at it when you feel the addiction is calling to you.

Stay here with us and participate. Having like-minded people close at hand is great for support. Look into getting yourself a ticker too so you can follow your progress daily. You can find a ticker at the top of the main board page (QT Tickers)

• Like 3

Hi and welcome..to this fabulous place...

I too was a 5 decade smoker.. Quitting is the most fabulous thing you can do for yourself..

You have tools in your tool box to help..that's a great start..

You can do it..

Take it steady day by day...keep close by...we are here to help you on your journey..

Congrats..buckle up ,take a first class seat..and have fun..quitting is not all doom and gloom..we believe in having fun....x

• Like 5

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. So far so good. Feeling a bit antsy but I just get up and walk it off or find something to get my mind on anything but a cigarette. Munching on some fruit loops of all things. Going to put in an exercise tape and move around a bit. Will also be reading a bunch here. Four hours in and taking it moment by moment. Must remember to just let it happen. Water seems to help for some reason. Hanging in there though. By gosh I am doing this. Setting my timer to go off every hour I am free. What a weird feeling this withdrawal is. Okay one minute and so jumpy the next. I am strong...I can beat this.

• Like 2

Yup - that's it. Take it a minute at a time when you need to. And yes, read all you can here and watch some of the Joel videos about smoking too. There's even a whole games page here if you're just looking to kill time. And keeping well hydrated is good. Your blood-sugar levels may change also. If you have some fruit juice handy, that might be a good thing as well from time to time.

• Like 2