I know, I know......

Sparkles

It is to be expected that I will put on weight, but it is really getting me down.  I have gained 3kg in just five weeks.  I guess we have had some grief to deal with too because of the death of my father-in-law and this week we have a guest so I am eating bigger meals than usual.  But still.  I just wanted to moan out loud!  No replies needed!

• Like 2

Pumpkin, is it possible to increase your physical activity?  I started walking a lot after I quit, and it helped keep my weight under control.  And never forget...it is a whole lot easier to get rid of fat cells than cancer cells!

• Like 4

Just more woman to love.

Keep on with not smoking right now.  As soon as you have that licked ( ;) ) you can work on the weight.  You will be amazed at your new confidence.  It is easier to accomplish "other" things with your new confidence.

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 5

Yes, I know, you are all right.  Just feeling sorry for myself as my jeans are too tight!  I am actually already pretty active as I do a lot of garden maintenance around our holiday cottages.  Yesterday and today I did about 4-5 hours of strimming, plus I have been sweeping up and housework (guests arriving tomorrow!).  Basically I just eat too much - I have always had an impulse control problem!

I will keep plodding along!   :pleasantry:

• Like 4

You don't really have to put on weight if you don't want to.

Sarge lost 36 pounds in his first 2 years of quit.

Mostly because he started training to run marathons and 26.2 miles tends to melt off the ol' belly roll.

Much like smoking: weight gain is a conscious choice.

You don't have to smoke if you don't want to and you don't have to gain weight if you don't want to.

Easy Peasy.

• Like 2

We love the fat ones here. Nothing better than a fat chick with tattoos. Heat in winter, shade in summer and moving pictures all year round.

Curves are good. Forget sgt skinny ass. You know weeding isn't really exercise and over eating is the reason for the big girl pants. But posting about it is acknowledging something got to change.

• Like 3

Bakon, you haven't seen the size of my weeds!

and how do you know I have big pants?  

oh, and I don't have tattoos

Anyway, our guest leaves today so I shall get back to eating normally.......no biscuits.....no ice cream.........

Thanks everyone for letting me vent!  

I hope my jeans fit better this morning!

• Like 4

If I may make a suggestion or two.  

I have found that I eat substantially less if cut down on how much TV I watch.

If I have unlimited popcorn and watch a [insert favorite series here] marathon 

I could probably eat my way to critical mass and/or achieve my own gravity well

without even realizing it.

The more you do the less time you have for mindless eating.  You will eat by 

conscious choice, when your hungry.  

Also, don't eat alone.  Share meals with people.  Preferably with somebody who

is thinner then you.

Anyhow, this helped me.  YMMV.

I put on a lot when I first quit because I over indulged to compensate and was overweight before I quit. When I was ready I took my health back and lost it all and thensome. Concentrate on what you can handle and the rest will come when you are ready!

• Like 1

If people didn't overeat there would be no Walmartian videos on YouTube.  :crazy:

....seriously though, don't wait too long to address weight gain.  Excessive/bad eating can develop into your new addiction if you allow it to become a routine over time.

• Like 1

Sorry for your family's loss, Pumpkin.

Yes, a lot of us gain weight when we quit smoking.  I am currently working on losing that weight.  When the time is right, you will be able to do it.  Just remember that if you can quit smoking, you can do anything!!!

• Like 1

Oh, Pumpkin

I feel your pain.  I have gained and gained and gained.  I went on a diet and gained 3 lbs.  

I have one pair of jeans I can still squeeze into and all of my shirts are tight.

T-shirts are not possible now - too much muffin top!

Gaining weight is a REAL PROBLEM, and we do ourselves a disservice when we don't take it seriously.

So... I have a limit to my will power and it's being spent on not smoking.  

I have no ideas for you; just know that you are not alone.

• Like 1

YES IT SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.

I am going to vent with you! I exercise 3 times a week sometimes 4 and I am seeing the extra 8-10 pounds. Last year I was in a two piece and loving how I looked at the beach this year I went out for my vacation and bought bathing suits to cover every freaking role on my body. I was a bit depressed before vacation was feeling very self conscience and not very pretty at all. Bought long cover ups as I didn't want to see my body.......  And even though I know this is for my health etc it doesn't always help....... VENTING MYSELF.

thanks everyone, and thanks Dee for being my venting partner!!   :paratrooper_girl:   I will address this problem, I will start in small steps and just try and cut down on the crap for now.  :)

I so feel you all on this one. Have definitely put on a few lbs since quitting because I did give myself a little permission to eat some things I wouldn't normally just to distract myself from the craves. Anything to not smoke.

I think it's totally worth it to kick the nasty habit. I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to jump back into working out most days and watching what I eat.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2