New and need help/support

Carsmummy

Hi everyone!

I'm Jacqueline from Alberta, Canada and I'm looking for some friends to help me kick this bad awful habit for good.  I have tried everything and find that I need to get my head in the right mindset.  I feel like such a hypocrite cuz while I'm currently working on my own health journey (losing weight), I help others do the same.  I don't share with others that smoking is my total weakness.  Not many people know that I smoke.  

Today, I am going to sit down and write out my "whys" as to why I want/need to quit smoking but I need someone to call me out on it to make sure I get it done. Is that unrealistic?

Thankyou for reading.

Jacqueline

• Like 7

Hi Jacqueline.. Welcome aboard this wonderful train...

Firstly it's doable..all you need is the need to quit for good..

Read about this addiction ..there is tons here..

There is a great book by Allen Carr..the easy way.. It has helped millions..

Education will be your weapon..know your enemy well...

Best decision of your life...and so rewarding...

Stay very close....

• Like 3

hi Jacqueline  welcome to qt   you can do this.  come here ever day for a while  post a sos if you think you need help

suck on hard candy play computer games. drink cool water or go for a walk  . take deep breaths go 1 day at a time and before you know it its 4 years later and you saying wow that went by fast  congrats on quiting  wtg

• Like 4

Hi Jacqueline :)

Best decision you could make is to quit smoking. As Doreen said, learn as much about this addiction as you can. There's reading material available and there's a whole host of videos examining in detail critical aspects of smoking, quitting and the addiction itself. Read all you can and come here daily to make your Not One Puff Ever pledge (you'll see that on the main board menu).

It takes a lot of hard work on your part to quit, especially in the beginning but if you want it badly enough, you will do it and it gets better and easier the longer you keep at it. You get stronger & the addiction gets weaker. All of us here have gone through the same thing you will go through so we can lend support to you along the way. Come here often and ask us anything you want or just participate with us in our discussions. We're always happy to see new quitters and we want you to stay around with us :)

• Like 4

Hi Jacqueline! Welcome aboard! It's great to see another fellow Canadian here!   :D

igmduc.gif  :P

This is something that you can absolutely do! It's so so worth it. The key for me was reading about and understanding nicotine addiction. Hang out on the board here, read as much as you can, post often and you'll find each day gets easier than the one before.

Every single one of us has gone through the same thing as you are about to go through, and, though it's not always easy, it's not nearly as hard as you think. Stick close, read, watch the videos and join us. You'll find that quitting can actually be fun. And you'll meet some pretty great people. And life gets better much quicker than you can imagine on the other side of the quit. :D And you won't be doing it alone.

Let's do this thing! :)

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Jacqueline.  You've come to the right place for support.  Take advantage of the information available here on nicotine addiction.  The articles and videos here shed light on the true nature of nicotine addiction and cigarettes.  Doreen mentioned Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking, that book helped many of us dispel the myths and lies of smoking.

When you make the commitment to quit and see it through, you will not only experience the expected benefits of quitting but also reap rewards unforeseen.  The process is awesome.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

Well Hello Jacqueline glad you found us. There are some very wonderful people here and very supportive. I think having a place to come and hang out with others who too are working on journey to better health and breath. Glad you taking the first step. Feel free to shout if you need anything.

• Like 4

Hi, welcome! :). Deep down, i know you know the drill. Get knowledge on the enemy, one day at a time and not one puff. Have a good read all around the forum im sure it has everything you need to know. Now lets do this thing!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone <3  

You're right aka The Lad, I do know the drill.  ;)

This afternoon, I wrote down my why's, my plan of action AND I took pictures and did a video talking to ME.  The latter, I've never done before.  My last smoke was at 3:09pm and I know I can do this!

I really appreciate all of your support!!  I will for sure keep coming back here every day!

and to keep up with my accountability...I took pics of what I wrote down :)

FullSizeRender

FullSizeRender (1)

• Like 5

How's it going there Jacqueline.????

Thanks everyone!  You all have made me feel so welcome :)  Just woke up a couple of hours ago.  Haven't had much time to think as I was too busy getting the son to school and hubby off to work.

Right now, I'm going to sit down and enjoy my cup of coffee and then have some quality time with my 2 year old daughter <3  So far so good, no cravings this morning.  I did last night, but with the help of my hubby and me re-reading my why's, I got thru it!  I do believe it was also the fact that I had to come back in here that helped too!

Thanks for listening <3  Hope you all have a great day!

• Like 6

Well done J !!...you won that battle...

Sounds like your hubby is going to be a great support..good for him...

You keep your quit sweetheart,and that lovely little tot..won't know her mum was ever a smoker...

Keep fresh in your mind all the reasons ,that brought you here...

Read old and new posts..this place is full of good tips...and reasons to quit...x

• Like 2

Excellent! :D Each day will get easier and easier. Keep reading/posting here. Refer back to your reasons often, and know that you can absolutely do this! Keep moving forward one step, one minute, one hour, one day at a time and before you know it smoking will be a very vague distant memory. The new life you've embarked on, will be so much sweeter! :) You've got this!

• Like 2

Jacqueline - you still with us?

Check in and let us know how you're doing. We tend to be a little bit "mother henish" around here with our newbies. We just want you to succeed :)

Awwwweeee You guys just totally made my day!!  YES! I am still with you <3  Just been a crazy busy weekend! But I am still going strong!!  You guys are amazing! Thank you for the support!

• Like 4