New Passenger on the Quit Train

Reciprocity

Hi All!

Been on my first quit attempt for just under 2 weeks now. It's been quite an experience. One that I've tried to embrace fully as I've read a lot about it but never experienced it for myself. Certainly hasn't been "business as usual" - Lol  :rolleyes: Don't understand how quitting has been so much more disruptive to my life than when I first started to smoke - doesn't make sense. Anyway; glad I made to commitment and have so far followed up on it. Seems to be getting a lot easier to handle then the first week so I am pretty confident I'll make it through as long as I keep in mind all the reasons I wanted to quit and how those are so much more important than all the reasons I want to light up another smoke. The past few days I've been more wondering why I lit up all those smokes for all those years :( 

• Like 7

Hello and welcome to this magical place..sooo glad you found us..

Take your seat..1st class..buckle up...this journey goes all the way to freedom..

Read all you can here ,watch all the video,s...knowledge is your weapon..

We have all asked ourselves why we smoked for all those years...as long as you don't waste anymore ,that's the important thing..

You already have a nice quit going ..congrats...

Welcome aboard Reciprocity.  

Congratulations on the quit and taking your life back.  It sounds like you're right on schedule.  Get those first couple of weeks behind you and the mental fog starts to clear.  You are on your way.  Get ready to reap the rewards of the process.  That "disruption" that you feel is your mind and body adjusting to its newfound freedom.

Embrace the process.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Hi...and welcome aboard!

It seems you have a good quit going. .. Congrats!

This site is made up of ex-smokers, and we have all been where you are.

Take some time to read some of the material posted and watch the videos. Understanding the addiction helps to make sense of what we go through during the withdraw period.

keeping busy will help keep you distracted from the cravings..

• Like 1

Hi Reciprocity!  So glad that you are here :)  It wasn't that long ago I was new to this forum.  This forum will help you with any questions, bad days, good days and most importantly, give you folks to talk to who have been in the exact same boat.  It's a real good bunch here and anything you need, just post!  Stay busy, remind yourself daily why you quit and what you are NOT missing.  Congrats on making the best decision of your life!  Good luck to you my friend :)

• Like 1

Knowledge is always a good thing.

Good call.  Knowledge about cigarettes and nicotine addiction destroys the myths and lies of smoking.  When you see smoking for what it is, an exercise in futility that gives nothing but takes everything, your resolve will become unwavering.

You're well on the your way to continued success.  Good job.

Still going without smoking. It's a lot easier than the first week for sure but, the battle is no where near won yet. I know the nicotine is completely gone from my system now (went cold turkey on this) but I still get into situations where I have a very powerful urge to smoke. Or sometimes I am just doing something and suddenly I find myself thinking I should be headed outside for a smoke. It's just mental conditioning and I think it's going to take a long while to really break that down and replace it with a new thought process.

Haha. sorry for rambling but that's what's going on about now :wacko:

• Like 3

Still going without smoking. It's a lot easier than the first week for sure but, the battle is no where near won yet. I know the nicotine is completely gone from my system now (went cold turkey on this) but I still get into situations where I have a very powerful urge to smoke. Or sometimes I am just doing something and suddenly I find myself thinking I should be headed outside for a smoke. It's just mental conditioning and I think it's going to take a long while to really break that down and replace it with a new thought process.

Haha. sorry for rambling but that's what's going on about now :wacko:

Ramble on!  you are doing great, and good for you for realizing that there is still a process to go through.  You are doing great!

• Like 1