Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

By the end of the day....

Featured Replies

Or early tomorrow, I will have saved $10,000.00 that I otherwise would have spend on cigarettes....

 

That's f-ing CRAZY!

 

I haven't even reached 3 years yet... It hard to actually grasp that number! Granted, I bought more cigarettes than I smoked.... Like everyone else, I lit up whenever I had a chance, and most times I only had time to smoke 1/2, or 3/4 before I had to put it out. I was never one to relight one I had put out, so I smoked a lot of 1/2 cigarettes....but the bottom line is....

 

I SAVED over $10,000.00 in less than 3 years.... And more likely a higher amount...my ticker was created 3 years ago, and used the then pricing....

 

In that time, I have traveled to Florida twice (each time was a week getaway during our cold Ohio winters)

Spent a week with my entire family (17 of us) on the beach in 9bedroom house with a pool on the beaches of the Outer Banks N.C. And bought a new 2016 mustang gt.....all of which i was able to afford because of the money save from quitting. Ok...the Mustang isn't "paid for", but I was able to put a sizable down payment on it, and can now afford the monthly payments....

 

Ahhhh.....life is sooooo much better without cigarettes!!

 

Looking around the site today, I seen and commented on Frez's 4year post...and on Marti's status about the money SHE is saving (whatever Pounds are. ;) lol).. which got me thinking about my savings...so, even though I knew the amount should be substantial , I NEVER expected the amount to be THIS much.....Staggering!

 

Sooooo....anyone on the fence...the health benefits should be the driving force to quit...but once you are feeling better from getting all that crap out of your system, look at the savings that you will be able to enjoy and treat your family to things that you otherwise couldn't afford...

 

So....with healthy AND financial motivations, there is absolutely no reason to continue smoking....do youself and your family a huge favor....quit today!

Well said, Joe!  So happy for you and your family!

 

For those of you thinking of quitting...today can be the day!!

Nice going Joe.

I was in denial about health issues until I was well into my quit

when I dared confront the gruesome truth

but,

the $10 dollars I ceremoniously put away every day in a quart jar was a serious motivator for me.

 

I would take the jar from the freezer and count the dosh very slowly when I had a crave.

In six months, I had over $1,800

AND

my health ! 

My first reaction is wow...what a staggering amount of money you have spent much wisely...

And you get to have much better health as a bonus..

What I have wasted in my life time...is unthinkable...

Well done Joe...you and your lovely family are having a fabulous time ...luv it buddy. Xx

I can't believe we used to pay so much for those horribly addictive things.  

  • Author

BOOM......

 

There it is.......I

I

I

I

I

V

V

V

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.