By the end of the day....

joe

Or early tomorrow, I will have saved $10,000.00 that I otherwise would have spend on cigarettes....

That's f-ing CRAZY!

I haven't even reached 3 years yet... It hard to actually grasp that number! Granted, I bought more cigarettes than I smoked.... Like everyone else, I lit up whenever I had a chance, and most times I only had time to smoke 1/2, or 3/4 before I had to put it out. I was never one to relight one I had put out, so I smoked a lot of 1/2 cigarettes....but the bottom line is....

I SAVED over $10,000.00 in less than 3 years.... And more likely a higher amount...my ticker was created 3 years ago, and used the then pricing....

In that time, I have traveled to Florida twice (each time was a week getaway during our cold Ohio winters)

Spent a week with my entire family (17 of us) on the beach in 9bedroom house with a pool on the beaches of the Outer Banks N.C. And bought a new 2016 mustang gt.....all of which i was able to afford because of the money save from quitting. Ok...the Mustang isn't "paid for", but I was able to put a sizable down payment on it, and can now afford the monthly payments....

Ahhhh.....life is sooooo much better without cigarettes!!

Looking around the site today, I seen and commented on Frez's 4year post...and on Marti's status about the money SHE is saving (whatever Pounds are. ;) lol).. which got me thinking about my savings...so, even though I knew the amount should be substantial , I NEVER expected the amount to be THIS much.....Staggering!

Sooooo....anyone on the fence...the health benefits should be the driving force to quit...but once you are feeling better from getting all that crap out of your system, look at the savings that you will be able to enjoy and treat your family to things that you otherwise couldn't afford...

So....with healthy AND financial motivations, there is absolutely no reason to continue smoking....do youself and your family a huge favor....quit today!

• Like 9

I was in denial about health issues until I was well into my quit

when I dared confront the gruesome truth

but,

the $10 dollars I ceremoniously put away every day in a quart jar was a serious motivator for me.

I would take the jar from the freezer and count the dosh very slowly when I had a crave.

In six months, I had over $1,800

AND

my health ! 

• Like 3

My first reaction is wow...what a staggering amount of money you have spent much wisely...

And you get to have much better health as a bonus..

What I have wasted in my life time...is unthinkable...

Well done Joe...you and your lovely family are having a fabulous time ...luv it buddy. Xx

• Like 1