Hello everyone

Corey

Hello all,

I'm new here and just starting out on the next chapter of my life. All in all, it's been about 7 or 8 years that I have struggled with nicotine addiction, with accelerating usage throughout. What started out as a fun college pastime with friends, smoking the occasional hookah on the porch, then developed into wanting something more mobile, which is when I started rolling my own, which then developed into wanting something that required less effort, which is when I began buying packs, followed by packs and packs and packs. Anyways, I have decided the best idea would be to quit and try to move on. There is so much in life to live for. Live for another day! Also, I think my dog will enjoy getting out more. I look forward to meeting you all and working together on beating this thing! A special thanks to Sazerac for a warm and encouraging welcome.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard Corey.  Reading your post it sounds like you want to quit more than you want to smoke.  That fact combined with you taking advantage of the resources and support available here on the Train puts you in a great position to beat this addiction and take your life back.

Congratulations on making a great decision for yourself.

• Like 2

Yay Corey !

I am so glad you posted.

In 72 hours, the nicotine will be completely out of your body.

HERE is a thread about what helped all of us in the early days of our quits.

You may feel gruesome, you may not.

Stay aware of your blood sugar, it can be goofy in the first days,

so keep juices or fruits handy.

Sleep and go out walking your Dog.  Animals are so happy you aren't smoking too !

Post a lot and read a lot here.

Understanding your addiction is a key component for a successful quit.

Did I mention, Post ?  Post Post Post Post about everything and anything.

We ALL know what cessation from nicotine feels like.

You have started a wonderful adventure, Corey.

Have FUN.

Love,

S

• Like 2

Congrats Corey in taking your seat on this fabulous train...it's a great journey and will take you all the way to freedom..

Read all you can here..there is so much good information... Knowledge is the weapon you need to fight this monster..

Stay close to the board....we will support you all way...

It is doable....we all can promise you that...

• Like 1

Hey Corey...

Welcome aboard the QT!

Lots of advice will be offered and all of it good...

Get educated and take it 1 day at a time and as long as nothing is put in your mouth that you set on fire, you will do fine. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome!!!

Getting rid of the addiction is such a great feeling.  You can totally do this.  If you feel like you might want to smoke, come here and post first.  Give that feeling a few minutes to pass.  We promise that it will!  

There is a ton of valuable information here too!  Read instead of smoking! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the hearty welcome, friends! First morning is going by... I'm just trying to let it pass. Drinking water, not coffee, and doing plenty of deep breathing. There's a small family get-together tonight of all nights that I'm dreading a bit, but other than that, just taking it one hour at a time :)

• Like 3

Protect your quit, Corey.

You can power through. One hour, one minute.

Every crave you deny is healing your neropathways.

You can also say 'No' to family gatherings,  if you need to

but, often the 'dread' is worse than the reality.

Hang in there.

You are doing Great and already a valuable member of the board.

Keep posting.

gallery_216_24_11738.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent news, that you caught the Caboose

but, you will have to do something about that window.

It was a perfectly nice window, you know.

Glad you are back.

When was the zero hour so we can count the first 72 with you ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement Daisy! As far as that indescribable feeling goes, I'll take your word for it :D

I know what you mean Corey. I was there, counting the hours, the days and wondering when I'd get reprieve but it does come, I promise you!  Look how close you are to the 24 hour mark!!!!  It's a huge milestone.  Breathe through em and keep your eye on the prize.

• Like 1

Regrettably, I have once again faltered. I probably should have attempted an SOS or something. This thick brain fog set in and I couldn't get any of my work done, and after a few hours of zero productivity, I panicked, afraid it would never clear. I'm obviously not taking this threat seriously enough, and this is simply another excuse on a road that's bound to be difficult, and, scary at times. Still, as a result of this community, I have never been closer to taking the next step. Thanks

• Like 2

Corey, thanks for letting us know.

We really want to help you in your quit.

The brain fog is temporary, all of the side-effects of withdrawal are TEMPORARY.

SOS's are really effective, writing a response to your own SOS is really effective.

Most effective is wanting to quit more than wanting to smoke.

I would encourage you to jump back on the Train.  NOW.  

Love,

S

• Like 2