TracyB

Tracy I have sent you a pm, but i will also say this.

At the moment something will aggravate you very quickly. Sarge's ways will work for some, certainly not me, but some lol.

Eating does help the cravings you are right. To feed this addiction nicotine has re-wired our brains. So instead of been hungry or thirsty we would smoke. When we stop smoking go by the H.A.L.T rule which is Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired.

All of these feel like cravings when you first quit. Remember that check list, go through all of them first.

Stick with it Tracey x

• Like 1

Yes I've chosen to ignore anything by the purple dinosaur!

Still going strong. Good time at my Grandma's. Hardest part was the two hour drive - I would normally puff away the whole journey. Had some boiled sweets instead. Have to say it was nice not you have to stand out in the wind and rain and have a fag.

Definitely sticking with this quit. I am not going through those first few days again.

• Like 1

Hi Tracey glad to see you decided to stay on board, everyone's journey takes them on different paths but we all have the same destination, we are here to help and support you on your way, my journey has been all over the place, but I am keeping my eye on the final destination with determination, yes I may fall, but I get back up again brush myself down and carry on, take what advice and words you need from us and anything else disregard, be determined, be focused and most of all do not be afraid to ask for help, xx

Yes I've chosen to ignore anything by the purple dinosaur!

Still going strong. Good time at my Grandma's. Hardest part was the two hour drive - I would normally puff away the whole journey. Had some boiled sweets instead. Have to say it was nice not you have to stand out in the wind and rain and have a fag.

Definitely sticking with this quit. I am not going through those first few days again.

Wonderful news!  Driving was hard for me, too.  It is nice to not have to go out in the rotten weather to get a fix.

Good to see you are still going Tracy, driving without smoking was a hard one for me too. It was more the realization that in fact I had always smoked all my driving life, scary thought that!

It's better now, as I don't have to have the window open and freeze or worry about ash flicking in my eye, or other stuff I really can't remember now. It just seems natural not to smoke.

The hardest part of the program for me was picking a place not to smoke, and I chose the car. I'm fine in my dad's car, but I'm soooo used to smoking in my mom's car. I was very proud of myself when mom asked me to light one up for her and I told her I can't smoke in the car. But I reeeeeaaally wanted to. I don't have my own car right now, but I'm planning on getting a car that doesn't have an ash tray. And I don't carry cigarettes with me anymore so I can't smoke when I'm out and about.

Hi Tracey. I'm doing surprisingly well actually! Feeling very calm (although hubby may disagree). Think I've really got my head around never smoking again. Have been reading lots on romanticising smoking as I think that's been part of my undoing in the past. Kitchen is VERY clean! Finished a crochet blanket that I've been meaning to do for months. All very positive. Thanks asking xx

• Like 4