The disgusting things smokers do!.....

Ladybug

oh gawd its grossing me out just thinking about it - but picking up or using old butts opening them up and rolling them in a cig paper to make a whole new cig

I look at that now and think - YOU DID WHAT???

• Like 1

I've got a good one, LB.

You would think that certain things we encountered as smokers would have sealed the deal and forced us to quit.  Ever heard the old tale that putting a horse hair into a cigarette would surely make anybody quit?  I have one better.

I would always save a little water in my water bottle or a little soda in my bottle to put out cigarettes while driving.  You know where this is going but follow me anyway.  As the liquid was absorbed by the cigarette butts, I would keep adding water or whatever I had until my make-shift ashtray was completely full.  A full bottle of fermented nastiness.

One night I was driving and I had two diet ginger ale bottles in the side-by-side cupholders in my truck.  One bottle was chock full of tobacco hooch and the other was a fresh, cold bottle of groovy ginger goodness.  I was so thirsty and in my haste, I lost track of which bottle was which.  It was dark.  I grabbed the wrong bottle.  I chugged it.  At first I didn't notice until my throat started to burn (yes, I swallowed it).  And then came the moment the instant after I chugged it that something had gone terribly wrong.  I pulled over and commenced rinsing and spitting far longer than what was needed.

I thought for sure I was going to get sick but I didn't.  So what did I do to remedy this FUBAR [1]situation?  Nope, didn't quit smoking and instead lit one up once I finished my 10 minute exorcism.

Over the lips through the gums look out tummy here it comes.

Footnotes:

[1] FUBAR is from a Clint Eastwood war movie and a General asked Clint how things were going on the battlefield to which Clint replied, "FUBAR, sir".  The General asked what that meant and Clint said, "****** up beyond all recognition, sir."

That story is hilarious! Thank you for making me laugh tonight, I needed it.

oh gawd its grossing me out just thinking about it - but picking up or using old butts opening them up and rolling them in a cig paper to make a whole new cig

I look at that now and think - YOU DID WHAT???

Been there, done that!

The rolled cig always tasted so nasty too.

• Like 1

while sitting on throne one morning, deciding what to do with the problems of the world.....

dropped one in toilet and debated drying it out....for me ....

saved it and gave it to first persn who wanted to bum a smoke.....

hope none of you ever bummed one....

King Bakon

Hands up to all the above, remember buying cigarette papers was all I could afford and emptying all the old smoked cigarettes into a tin and making roll-ups urggghhhhh

Oh yeah, I have rummaged thru an ashtray or two in my day looking for a cig that still had another puff or two on it if I had run out....lol

Going through ashtrays and smoking cig butts - check.

Rolling cigs from leftover tobacco in the cigarette butts - checked. If it wasnt totally scorched or wet it was good enough.

I always knew of these as "The Scabby Rolly", this is where you roll a cigarette with the butts of smoked cigarettes.

It gets bad when you're drying out old cigarettes in the microwave, possibly even fishing old butts out of the rubbish (and then drying them out).

Or indeed creating a Scabby rolly from scabby rolly butts...

I have done all of these things... I don't anymore... I am a better person now!

No one has mentioned coughing up a good half a cup of lung goop during the morning's first half hour smoking ritual. To hell with gross... let's talk about fear. The fear that came with looking at the goop for blood.

Oh Gosh CS you are right.........I coughed so hard in the mornings...I often feared there might be blood! Almost forgot about that

while sitting on throne one morning, deciding what to do with the problems of the world.....

dropped one in toilet and debated drying it out....for me ....

saved it and gave it to first persn who wanted to bum a smoke.....

hope none of you ever bummed one....

King Bakon

You are friends with Toothbrush-Toilet dipping Julie?

I remember a few dentist appointments.....I got the "you don't smoke speech" I nodded  and then I left.

Before I started the car I already had a cigarette in my mouth..I couldn't feel it, my lip was numb. Neither could I really smoke it, because half of my mouth was just hanging there...I smoked it anyway...well I tried.

I must have been the most pathetic smoker out there! I am not kidding..I can post on this thread for months!

• Like 2

Ladybug, I think we all had be been equally pathetic :)

I did the post-dentist thing too. And not only with a numb mouth, but also right after the wisdom teeth removal. I thought it helped the pain, although I'm reality I just irritated and inflamed the area even more.

Right before dentist appointments I would smoke like crazy, knowing I wouldn't get to smoke for the next hour or so, depending on the waiting time. I can only imagine what he must have thought about me.

• Like 1

Ladybug, I think we all had be been equally pathetic :)

I did the post-dentist thing too. And not only with a numb mouth, but also right the wisdom teeth removal. I thought it helped the pain, although I'm reality I just irritated and inflamed the area even more.

Right before dentist appointments I would smoke like crazy, knowing I wouldn't get to smoke for the next hour or so, depending on the waiting time. I can only imagine what he must have thought about me.

Me too!! I developed dry socket (very painful) because of it!!  

Oh lordy Haaahah done the dentishhh thingy, tried to light a cigarette on a gas stove too as no lighter or matches and whoooshhhh up went my fringe, loverly Hahaha , also once when I gave blood was told under no circumstances smoke after giving blood, yeah right, passed cold stone out, gives me the shudders just sitting typing it,

• Like 1

I visited my friend in the hospital, every time she was there. No smoking in the hospital or in the front. I left her numerous times. I walked all the way to the elevator, down to the main entry, out in the parking lot, walked a cross the street...just to smoke one cigarette. I went all the way back..........and did the same thing an hour later....pathetic!

I visited my friend in the hospital, every time she was there. No smoking in the hospital or in the front. I left her numerous times. I walked all the way to the elevator, down to the main entry, out in the parking lot, walked a cross the street...just to smoke one cigarette. I went all the way back..........and did the same thing an hour later....pathetic!

I did that too. 

When Christie was in hospice......dying of cancer.

As awful as it makes me feel, as much as I shake my head at myself.....its important for me to remember those things. It always helps me remember "I cant ever have even one cigarette. There is no such thing for me......."