30 day Babs Abs Challenge!

ok peeps!!  Summer will be here before you know it!  Also..for me I have a Florida trip planned and I leave in 40 days!  Perfect time to start an ab challenge.  I exercise 5 days a week and also run..but still..the abs could always use more..lol. 

Sooooo......  Who wants to do it?

I am starting 3/7.  It will be fun..we can post here about our journey and support one another.

30dayabchallenge.jpg

http://workout-essentials.com/30-day-ab-challenge/

The Exercises

The exercises are set in a way that they become harder and harder as the month progresses. Therefore, do not overdo them on a specific day at the expense of the subsequent one. As the muscles get used to the previous day’s workout, another difficult one is waiting the following day. The intensity of the exercises increases gradually and progressively. For this reason, do not expect the results after the first day’s work out.

The four different exercises that the 30 day ab challenge makes use of include sit ups, crunches, leg raises, and planks. The sit ups increase with a margin of five from the first to the last day, excluding the resting days. The rest also vary significantly, although with an increasing trend from the first day to the last one. The 30 day ab challenge is a good way of keeping fit and healthy without spending a lot of money and time.

• Like 2

your idea of fun scares me babs, but I will join you, lets go for it how long are the planks for? 

already regretting signing up to this!

I might also have to change the rest days around due to travel etc, planking in the airport might get me arrested ;)

edited to add  ok I read it again and see the planks are in seconds, I thought it mean amount to do  :wacko2:

Printed off and did Day 1 - not hard (except dog kept trying to get in on the action and I was worried I was going to get dry humped!!)

• Like 5

Too late for Sarge.

His abs popped last month. ;)

10974159_899924020028166_847921072859902

Took 3 months of (!hard!) diet.

Abs are all about the kitchen - diet and get that body fat down low low low. Workouts are pretty much unimportant if you want abs. You can do all the workouts you want - planks, crunches, situps, <whatever> - but if you don't get that fat down below 15%-ish for female, 11%-ish for male ... unless you get that ridiculously low, you won't see the beautiful abs you're creating. They'll remain buried under that layer.

10960338_908129155874319_585006402916470

Start your ab workout - but hammer down that diet FIRST. Otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels with no results.

Babsie Absy

• Like 3

great job Sarge!!

Oh believe me...I know about the kitchen...lost 65 lbs as a result.  I only have 10 lbs to reach my goal, so obviously my weight loss isn't as dramatic anymore and i'm losing weight at a rate of 1 lb every 2 weeks...but that's ok

I had 3 kids and when I was heavy, my stomach was the biggest part...I was shaped like an apple..

Now that it's "deflated" i'm left with a little leftover skin and whatnot..not horrible..but could be better

the planks, and situps and leg lifts go a long way in helping out in that area...the toned muscles help the loose skin not appear so... loose...even if it is just an illusion

your idea of fun scares me babs, but I will join you, lets go for it how long are the planks for? 

already regretting signing up to this!

I might also have to change the rest days around due to travel etc, planking in the airport might get me arrested ;)

edited to add  ok I read it again and see the planks are in seconds, I thought it mean amount to do  :wacko2:

Printed off and did Day 1 - not hard (except dog kept trying to get in on the action and I was worried I was going to get dry humped!!)

Yes!!  I'm so excited someone is willing to do it!  You can absolutely adjust accordying to travel...but it looks like every 3 days is rest day so as you get further in the month, you probably will want to stick to it as close as possible.

Let's do this chickie!

G'wan then. I can always fit a little more crazy in my life :)  When we starting?

Where is says 10s plank on day 1..does this mean 10 seconds of planking?

Also from day 25 onwards, I need a "phone a friend" option if I can't get up again lol.

• Like 1

yay!!!  another taker!  This is exciting!  :)

Yes...10 sec plank...doesn't start off bad.  Increases every day but the most you have to do is 2 min.  Planking can be done any way you want...on both elbows, one elbow, on your hands in push up position...doesn't matter as long as you keep your core tight.

I am starting Saturday, March 7th but Tracey is starting today.

Yay Marti!!!!!

Let's go girl!!

Cool, will start on sat then to be in tandem with someone (already had a large wine tonight or would do day 1 now). Fine so 3 days, 1 rest day right?

yep!  that's exactly it  :)

take pics of your abs and measurements before you start!  (for yourself not to post..lol..unless you want to ;)  )

Wowed Sarge!

I'm in Babs (maybe)

How's that for wishy washy.

Sarge is right thou abs are made in the kitchen first and foremost. (I miss you cookies!)

i got the kitchen part covered ava...lol  no excuses

do it!

Besides...when you are in a challenge like this or training for a race....it tends to keep you honest in the kitchen too....because you wouldn't want to sabotage all your hard work.

Even though the diet is more instrumental in weight loss...the exercise and diet go hand in hand to keep things flowing as they should  :)

Come on sis..commit!

your butt!  no....

your abs silly....around your waist....get measuring tape and measure

you know I'm walking around saying, you said butt...like the minions...I think the kids have finished me truth to tell!!

32 ish then...(industrial tape measure prolly not the one but as log as I measure the same way should be all good).

Ava, stop messin, you're in right?  Where's Frez, she loves a challenge surely?

Sarge, Good job!! Blimey, suits you.

• Like 1

I typically dont do these challenges because I dont know I just do my own thing with my workouts.......I would have to think about it, I normally do not do crunches or sit ups occasionally do planks I do a squats different versions of them along with a simple upper body workout, maybe I will add this challenge to it, I will think about it and get back to you.

• Like 4

I typically dont do these challenges because I dont know I just do my own thing with my workouts.......I would have to think about it, I normally do not do crunches or sit ups occasionally do planks I do a squats different versions of them along with a simple upper body workout, maybe I will add this challenge to it, I will think about it and get back to you.

neither do I...but I have a feeling if a group do it together ...we have to post every day that we did it.  Accountability.  I know I don't want to miss a day when I can't post I did it and everyone else is doing it.  

Come on Lisa....it will be fun.  Go out of your norm...it's only 30 days.  We will post and cry together!!  Then celebrate results and feeling accomplished!!

I might join as well. I haven't done sit-ups in years, so I'm a bit worried, lol. But i haven't been to the gym in a while because I'm moving, so I think I need some workouts to do when I have the time. I'll give this a go, I think.

Sarge is definitely right about food. When I tried losing weight before, I worked out all the time, but ate crap food (huge portions as well!). I only lost 19 pounds; this time around, I'm almost 50 pounds down. I changed my diet and attitude towards eating. :) 

• Like 4

I have done this before with hubby - you will def feel your abs - but can I just suggest though be careful with the leg raises - doing lots of them can put a strain on you back ..... My super fit hubby ( who already had a six pack and was just doing it to support me !) seriously hurt his back and the chiro pointed the finger at the leg raises and said people shouldn't do more than 10 ??

oops did not realise it was starting Saturday. ok I will stick on day 1 until Sunday, measurements and pictures took, no way am I posting either besides my massive bazzzzzzzzzzoooooooookers are in the way ;)

• Like 1

You people lick too many windows.

Sgt posting selfies like skinny Scott

Babs and planks. Don't sound fun

Curves are good. If you are over 30 years old and can see your abs then you are either living in Africa or have a mental illness.

Over 40 and your too dumb or an outlaw and can't leave Africa OR you have serious mental illness.

Being in shape can be taken too far. If I see your abs at beach and your over 50 your either gay or a desperate housewife.

• Like 3

i like my curves....I just want tighter abs and besides...I just love challenges  :)

I'm over 40 and under 50...so I guess i either i'm dumb or have a serious mental illness...LOL  I'm not an outlaw (I don't think ;:)

you are too much bakon

• Like 2