eCigs, does the forum have an opinion?

As Marti has already commented, we all have, (and are entitled to) our own opinion, either from experience or watching/hearing about others!

But that's what it IS!!! OUR OWN OPINION! Plus, from our 'perspective'...

It's obvious to me, there are some here who are SO anti smoking, they've forgotten the 'reality' of being addicted!

The WORST non-smokers, (IMO) are those who "lecture" or "alienate" smokers who haven't yet found the courage to quit!!!

Do these same 'judges' frown on parents who give their children burgers and other junk food, or too much sugar?

IMO, NOTHING is as bad as inhaling not only nicotine, (tobacco) but all the gunk, tars, chemicals etc that cigarettes contain!!

and yes! they are HORRIBLY addictive! but the action is also a HABIT, yeah?

We ALL have certain habits, beliefs, morals, etc, often totally different from each other!

It was someone's 'opinion' that "it looks stupid"....

IMO, inhaling a flavoursome vapour  (my all time fav is Lemon Meringue Pie), consisting of 80% vegetable glycerine, and 20% propylene glycol is ok... is it "harmless"? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else!! 

It needs YEARS of research and results from experiments to determine that!

As for it being a "crutch"....??? I disagree!! It's replacing a habit! a BAD habit...Isn't it better than medication for stress?

IF those who puff think it's relieving the stress, then why not ALLOW them the 'placebo effect'????

What does it matter HOW they relieve their stress... (and we ALL have stress!!!) inhaling, relieves stress, yeah?

If we all steered clear of what was "BAD" for us, the junk food establishments would be empty!! lol! But greasy food with fatty poisons aren't 'addictive' are they? (or ARE they?)

Being FREE at last, is as if my life has been renewed, and NOTHING, will ever ruin my quit!!! I mean NOTHING!!!

I'm SO proud of myself, and given only 2 people know, I couldn't even 'brag'... which is probably why I joined here!!!

I wanted to be "honest" with some like-minded people, on a regular basis, y'know?

I LURVE my Menthol vape in the mornings, with my coffee, but not freezing on the balcony, but here, in the study, chatting to y'all!

For a treat, I'll have some LMP, and I tell you what!  It cuts the craving for sweets too!!!

It's NOT a "crutch" lol!!! no more than eating sweets, or running round the block, or joining a gym is! It's just MY WAY of quitting and STAYING QUIT!!!

So, Rob! (don't know how I've missed this thread till now....?)

IMO... go for it, buddy!!! enjoy the flavours, enjoy being FREE of the smell, enjoy having all that extra cash, and do what's right for YOU!!!! xox

"and that's all I have to say about that".....

• Like 1

I'm with Ria.  Excellent post.

We all have coping methods - if vaping is your choice - DO IT!  

I'm totally addicted to exercise as a way to cope with my moods & stress!  What if my body did not allow for such a high level of endorphin production?  If exercise was not an option - where would I turn?  

It's mainly important for us to go with what feels HONEST to us.  I would not feel honest vaping.  More importantly, I know it would lead me to a real cigarette.  Cause it's the smoke & death I really want...like Doreen feels, I can't risk it by going there!  But for others, vaping may not trigger that cigarette desire. So that's fine!  On that note: smokers that want to smoke are also just fine.  

Lastly, back in 2012 I attended Nicotine Anonymous for about 8 months.  The guy who opened the meeting had been quit for 15 years but his wife had never been able to stop. This devastated him.  She was real sick from smoking related health problems.  But by the end of my time with that group his wife had moved over to vaping.  He was OVERJOYED!  She had been vaping for 2 months by the time I stopped going.  There was relief and hope on his face as he discussed her new found success.  She wore the vape as a necklace - she had finally succeeded in a healthier lifestyle.  This was good to hear.

• Like 2

The Sarge always wondered: why quit twice?

Easy Peasy

I've 'quit' a LOT more than twice, Sarge!!! lol...

Looking back, I had 'good reasons' for wrecking my 1st and longest (to date) quit, no EXCUSES, but 'reasons'.. that no longer exist!

Since then, my failed attempts were a mixture of all the 'reasons' mentioned here...

But THIS is the last! of that I am SURE!!!

Did you only quit once?? if so, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!  xox

I've 'quit' a LOT more than twice, Sarge!!! lol...

Looking back, I had 'good reasons' for wrecking my 1st and longest (to date) quit, no EXCUSES, but 'reasons'.. that no longer exist!

Since then, my failed attempts were a mixture of all the 'reasons' mentioned here...

But THIS is the last! of that I am SURE!!!

Did you only quit once?? if so, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!  xox

The Sarge, indeed, quit once-and-only-once.

Easy Peasy

I never took the bandaid off slowly....that's torture.  That's how I felt about quitting.  My opinion.....I wanted to disassociate myself from anything to do with inhaling anything.  I was never a fan of replacing...some people sucked on straws.......not a fan of that either.  I think it sends the subconscious a message to keep that habit strong. I wanted to detach from that....not try to mimic it.  

But still and all...I don't have a problem with using a vape to quit.....to each his own but if you are going to use it to quit...then you have to set a quit date for the vapes too......so like sarge says....why quit twice??

3 things i want to address in this post.

Yes..we all do have "escapes" but I prefer to call them "tools".  To me..vaping is not a tool.  To me...a tool is something inside of you.  Deep breathing, exercise, taking a walk, meditation, prayer, sing, chant.... Something you learn and practice and can take it anywhere.  You don't need an outside "thing" to help you....you always have it available to you 24/7.  I think that's important because stuff comes up and life happens and what if that does happen and you don't have your vape with you and you are extremely stressed?  That's where the tools I mentioned come in quite handy.  So if you do those....then why do you need the vape, again, exactly?  

2.  The Original Poster of this Post did, in fact, relapse a month later (he quit promptly after that successfully so far)  not sure if it's related to the fact that he was vaping and went to the pub and friends were smoking and he smoked...........hmmmm

3.  Spammers suck....they come here to advertise their vaping websites and clearly they are not in it to help people...their companies encourage vaping period......and they make a lot of money doing it..makes me sick.

Incidentally...I believe the poster at the top of this page is a spammer....he included a link to a vaping website....which I deleted.  Preying on people who are here trying to save their lives.....just so they can make a few dollars.  Disgusting if you ask me.  I would never contribute a dime to a company like that.

end of rant

• Like 1

Well if it helps you I suppose but if you're just hitting your e cig when needing that nictene fix then I would say why torture yourself-but that's me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There's NO NICOTINE in my 'puffer'!!!!! Not all vapers add nicotine!!! 

• Like 1