Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This page renews my quit daily, thank you

Featured Replies

It's been a great day today, no reason smoking should have popped up more often than usual but it did. Was ok, I actually said out loud once today, I am a non smoker so I can't smoke, because only smokers do that. Then I came home and read all your stories! Each one brought something to my resolve, so thank you for sharing, I feel pretty good now - as a non smoker. x

To me it is important. So many times if smoking comes to mind, I think about something I learned from the board or the people I have met. I wonder if I could have done it alone. There is value in understanding why I am craving, or thinking about why I think a cigarette could something do for me, or recognizing thinking and fight back.

Times like that just creep up so unexpectedly.  Great job on recognizing the junkie and shutting him up!  You are a non-smoker!

you are a great non smoker Marti - i keep learning things every day about this addiction at least now as non smokers we face the truth no more denials

That's fantastic to read Marti....you are doing great. One day at a time.

Fantastic news, Marti!  What you said...

 

"Then I came home and read all your stories! Each one brought something to my resolve, so thank you for sharing, I feel pretty good now - as a non smoker. x" 

 

This is support at it's finest.  You posting about it is paying it forward.  When you have a community that is gelled together with one common goal, the chances of quitting smoking for good are so much better than trying to go at it alone.  :)

I guarantee I would be smoking now if it weren't for you guys. No education and no accountability makes Ross a dull (smokey) boy... But seriously, it's true.

You are doing a wonderful job!! Having a support system in place is most definitely a great tool to our success! Keep it up!

  • Author

I hear ya Ross, these peoples stories and support have kept me whole where I would likely have buckled as well. Pretty powerful support tool, I don't know as if I personally would have felt this strong if I didn't have the fall back of here. Thankfully we will never know! 

Great job Marti!  So glad you had a great non-smoking day!  Everyday will get better and better!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.