Fed Up!! tough Love needed

Tink

so whats going on in Tracey`s head  :dash2:

Junkie thinking thats what!

I would say at the moment 60% of my thinking is junkie thinking as in 60% of my daily 100%, I know its addiction + environmental + me but then add wine and this goes upto 90% or more  :angry:

so at best I am hanging onto 40% logical thinking at the moment and this is not acceptable to me as I know this is a very dangerous place to be......

OPsfpkj.gif

I just want to be in a place that I dont think about it, dont worry if I see it....

dobby-has-no-master.gif

i want easy peasey dam it!!!!

the only thing I havent tried yet is to read Allen Carrs easy way to quit, does anyone have that in pdf form that they can post for me please

I didn`t read it before but now I have the time I think I should!!

hey a dollop of tough love will be ok too  :blink:

ps I say 40% logical - oh crap im in trouble lol

crazy-cat-87433.gif

• Like 1

Really want to help you pet but I'm pretty much as bad as you right now, wish I could help but right now I can't, sarge and bakon and Beth really need to help you now,

Rez needs to help you big time xxxxxx

• Like 2

What is going on?  Are you bored?  Are you thinking too much????

SMOKING WILL KILL YOU!!!!  IT WILL KILL YOUR MIND... YOUR BODY ...AND YOUR SOUL.

WTF???   

Do me a favor... get on  YOUTUBE and search for the Quit Smoking Commercials.. .the ones with the really sickly dieing people that used to be beauty queen types...but now they are dieing.  Or the one with the woman who has a hole in her neck that she talks through. 

What are you craving here.... what is going on?

Smoking SUCKS... it stinks...it is nasty... and it does NOTHING.  NOTHING!!

Buck the F uck up ..... get the stupid thoughts out of your head and get back in the game... you are healthy awesome person now.

Sorry... hope that wasn't too hard :unsure:

• Like 12

Really want to help you pet but I'm pretty much as bad as you right now, wish I could help but right now I can't, sarge and bakon and Beth really need to help you now,

Rez needs to help you big time xxxxxx

ok sue lets get through this together chicken xxx

• Like 5

Oh I just read jackies thread and just thought I could not cope with having to quit all over again and reset my ticker to day 1, na T you seriously don't want to have that smoke cos as jackie said, her cough came straight back, her throat is sore and nose is runnung, clothes stinking again, you know you don't want to go back to that.

One thing that keeps me from smoking is knowing in a few days or week I will want to quit again so what's the point in outting yourself through hell.

Kkeep going to non smoking places and keep going out to new shops and spoil the feck out of yourself, go have a relaxing bath and get your hair blow dried, nails done and get Rez to bring you out for dinner.

You know you don't want to loose that beautiful quit you have going.

Or do you want to keep smoking and turn out like your mam is now??

• Like 9

What is going on?  Are you bored?  Are you thinking too much????

SMOKING WILL KILL YOU!!!!  IT WILL KILL YOUR MIND... YOUR BODY ...AND YOUR SOUL.

WTF???   

Do me a favor... get on  YOUTUBE and search for the Quit Smoking Commercials.. .the ones with the really sickly dieing people that used to be beauty queen types...but now they are dieing.  Or the one with the woman who has a hole in her neck that she talks through. 

What are you craving here.... what is going on?

Smoking SUCKS... it stinks...it is nasty... and it does NOTHING.  NOTHING!!

Buck the F uck up ..... get the stupid thoughts out of your head and get back in the game... you are healthy awesome person now.

Sorry... hope that wasn't too hard :unsure:

not too hard chrispy its the kind of thing I need to hear and I know thats whats sooooooo annoying with myself!! thanks x

• Like 2

What exactly you missing sweetie.....

Ahhh the stinky breath....ya Rez will love kissin that.....

Ahhh your clothes stinkin....ya Rez will love that too....

Mmmmm maybe he will like stinky sheets......

Listening to that smokers cough,hackin up.....

Then he will ave to hope you don't get any one of the horrible illnesses you might get.....

Maybe come and talk to tony.....You could try his oxygen mask ....see if it goes with a nice outfit....

Tough enough for you lady.....now go and have fun ,and live your life....smoke free.....

Love ya heaps xxxxx

• Like 10

Oh I just read jackies thread and just thought I could not cope with having to quit all over again and reset my ticker to day 1, na T you seriously don't want to have that smoke cos as jackie said, her cough came straight back, her throat is sore and nose is runnung, clothes stinking again, you know you don't want to go back to that.

One thing that keeps me from smoking is knowing in a few days or week I will want to quit again so what's the point in outting yourself through hell.

Kkeep going to non smoking places and keep going out to new shops and spoil the feck out of yourself, go have a relaxing bath and get your hair blow dried, nails done and get Rez to bring you out for dinner.

You know you don't want to loose that beautiful quit you have going.

Or do you want to keep smoking and turn out like your mam is now??

I know I wont smoke sue, too much invested to just give up, I just want the thoughts to bugger off and leave me alone to get on with my life ya know

I know its me that has to do the work, I have to change the thinking 

Im going to watch joels videos and read the allen carrs book 

environmental things have brought out mr junkie - continuous education is what I need now to move me from this place 

• Like 5

Tracey.... So, 60% junkie thinking increasing to 90% with Wine... well, that sounds terrible, so I suggest no wine for you until you get through this - it is totally NOT worth the risk Tracey... and you know it.

OK Tracey... here comes the tough love - I bet these people thought that they could have 'just one' cigarette...

image.jpeg

cigarettes-10-eng.jpg

cigarettes-4-eng.jpg

• Like 9

Totally understand why you are feeling like that and being homesick is a buggar for craves x

What always works for me is the video on you tube called thanks tobacco you killed my mom, honestly hun it's heartbreaking , a son films his mam dying from emphysema, its the sadest, scariest video, please go watch it right now, it puts everything into perspective xxx

Edited due to spelling error.

• Like 6

HI, Tracey...here is a link, you can save a pdf from here.  Your plan to read and watch videos is a good one.  I think you have been through so many changes lately that you think you are missing you old friend...your friend that all he ever asked was to be allowed to kill you in a slow and painful death...

terrie-hall.jpg

dead at 53.. love you to pieces, Tracey!!

• Like 8

Tracey, I know exactly how you feel, but believe me going back is not an option, yes we want easy peasy but unfortunately its not working that way, we need to stay strong, stay focused, remember why we are quitting, remember it will pass, do not under any circumstances allow that thought to grow, you have been struggling for a while now, I need you to repeat after me I AM NOT A SMOKER, I WILL NOT SMOKE NOW OR NEVER , MY LIFE IS WORTH MORE....deep breaths, music, and dance, I am back at day 3 and believe me it sucks, I could be coming up for 8 months now, but one stupid moment of doubt......I know I don't need to say anymore here if you need me xxx

• Like 5

Hey Now Missy,

Take off those frilly things you are wearing

and

Slip Into Your Big Girl Panties, IMMEDIATELY !

WTF ?

I am thinking lately,

that we may always have days (moments? nano seconds ? )

that the Smoke Alarms go off.

I am having them trying to paint w/out one right NOW.

But, that is OK.  

Doesn't Mean ANYTHING.

Poof.  Begone !.Especially when you have Your Big Girl Panties ON.

Am I right or, Am I Right ?

I like that...."Poof, Begone! and get yer Big Girl Panties On"

I know everything is new and strange for you, kitten,

but, welcome to The Colonies.

You will visit NOLA, won't you ?

Smoke Free, of course.

Love,

S

• Like 4

HI, Tracey...here is a link, you can save a pdf from here.  Your plan to read and watch videos is a good one.  I think you have been through so many changes lately that you think you are missing you old friend...your friend that all he ever asked was to be allowed to kill you in a slow and painful death...

terrie-hall.jpg

dead at 53.. love you to pieces, Tracey!!

thanks nancy for the link i am going to read that today :)

yes you are right about the friend thing, but then who needs enemies with friends like that! 

love you too xx

• Like 1

Tracey, I know exactly how you feel, but believe me going back is not an option, yes we want easy peasy but unfortunately its not working that way, we need to stay strong, stay focused, remember why we are quitting, remember it will pass, do not under any circumstances allow that thought to grow, you have been struggling for a while now, I need you to repeat after me I AM NOT A SMOKER, I WILL NOT SMOKE NOW OR NEVER , MY LIFE IS WORTH MORE....deep breaths, music, and dance, I am back at day 3 and believe me it sucks, I could be coming up for 8 months now, but one stupid moment of doubt......I know I don't need to say anymore here if you need me xxx

thanks jackie xx

• Like 1

Totally understand why you are feeling like that and being homesick is a buggar for craves x

What always works for me is the video on you tube called thanks tobacco you killed my mom, honestly hun it's heartbreaking , a son films his mam dying from emphysema, its the sadest, scariest video, please go watch it right now, it puts everything into person xxx

hey sue have you read the book allen carr?? nancy has put up a link here xx

• Like 1

Tracey, I totally relate to how you are feeling.  Been doing that myself lately.  It really is horrible, but you just have to stick to your guns and say NOPE.  Sometimes I cry when I'm saying NOPE, but I still stay NOPE.  Listen to Jackie; you will throw away your beautiful quit for what?  What will that cigarette do for you?  You will cough and hack, you will feel horribly dizzy and nauseous, you will smell like smoke, and your lungs will burn!  Ooooo, that sounds pleasant doesn't it?  

I have made this comment before, and I'll make it again; I truly envy those who never ever touched a cigarette their whole life.  They have no idea how hard this can be.  I, like you Tracey, wish that the craves and wants would just disappear and never rear their ugly heads!  But, they do and we begin to become hypnotized that one will be okay.  But, we know one will lead to more, and then to health problems, and death.  Don't think about it.  Get your mind wrapped around something else.  Oh, and STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL!  That's a huge trigger!!!!!!

I'm here, holding on.  Come join me!

• Like 6

The quicker you dismiss these thoughts the easier it will get. Make it a game with yourself; when your mind suggests a cigarette immediately respond, "smoking's not an option", or "I don't smoke". Use whatever phrase that has power to you. Don't engage these thoughts and waste time with them. The nicotine addiction feeds on emotion so work on controlling your emotions (hard to do I know). I think you wrote a post about tools you can use, maybe have a look at that again. And remember we are all with you, use our collective strength if you need it.

• Like 4

I posted my fed up post on the main board as I recognised the junkie thinking creeping up and up and becoming dangerous and I think its important that no matter where you are in your quit that if you are struggling then you need to post and work things out

i believe this will save you from getting to most SOS points as I have been there too AND ITS NOT A PLACE i WANT TO BE AGAIN

I know my junkie thinking is because of where I am in my head not my quit

at the moment I feel very alone and isolated and vunerable (of course I am not)

its all because I do not have a job and do not drive at the moment and I have no friends here as yet

all these things I know I will get in time - I am just not patient lol and I am a very independant person and have been since I was 12 years old

at the moment smoking seems like my old friend who I could have here, straight away and be with me

I know its not and believe me I am not going to smoke, I know it doesnt offer me a dam thing but this is what has brought up these thoughts

having been on the board long enough, i recognise it and I know having you all is a continuation into strengthening my quit and I thankyou all xx

• Like 7

I posted my fed up post on the main board as I recognised the junkie thinking creeping up and up and becoming dangerous and I think its important that no matter where you are in your quit that if you are struggling then you need to post and work things out

i believe this will save you from getting to most SOS points as I have been there too AND ITS NOT A PLACE i WANT TO BE AGAIN

I know my junkie thinking is because of where I am in my head not my quit

at the moment I feel very alone and isolated and vunerable (of course I am not)

its all because I do not have a job and do not drive at the moment and I have no friends here as yet

all these things I know I will get in time - I am just not patient lol and I am a very independant person and have been since I was 12 years old

at the moment smoking seems like my old friend who I could have here, straight away and be with me

I know its not and believe me I am not going to smoke, I know it doesnt offer me a dam thing but this is what has brought up these thoughts

having been on the board long enough, i recognise it and I know having you all is a continuation into strengthening my quit and I thankyou all xx

Tracey, you are so brave!  I certainly understand why you would feel isolated...have you had any luck with the volunteer work?  Is there a YMCA or gym that you could ride your bike to, both to work out and to meet others? 

• Like 5

i want easy peasey dam it!!!!

Easy Peasy is a way of thinking - "No matter what happens, I've got this - Easy Peasy". To make that happen, one must first learn to Embrace The Suck. Live for the challenge, knowing it's gonna suck but, again, you've got it 'cause its Easy Peasy, right?

The Sarge thinks it much like his Marathon Training was. The same mindset that put him 26.2 miles with a smile on his face is what made quitting smoking Easy Peasy with a smile on his face.

Attitude is everything.

Everydamnedthing.

Easy Peasy

• Like 13

Oh my poor lovely lady. You're having a bit of a panic, but you just need to remember who you are and how hard you fought for this.

Out of your depth is no reason to give up your freedom - shush now woman, what are you thinking about??  How would you explain this, the later part where something smoking related slaps you up!!  What about that that beauty of a niece I saw with you in a fun picture, this the example you want to set?? There's none for that at all, get your mind away from those thoughts. Race yourself to dismiss them, with a mental baseball bat!

Ask michael to cut all the ties that bind you to those thoughts. Handily I can suggest this back to you as you did to me once, guess what - it really does help. Each and every time I do it now I feel stronger. 

Not my weird but somebody else's now as I kept feeling the energy was really "off", I'm not naturally insecure (lol, really not) and am focused at least, almost positive but the last month I feel like I been wading through emotional treacle. I had a 4 day wallow time too and then I read this by Sarah someone or other and thought HA! That explains it then:

After the intense pressure (both positive and negative) many have experienced during August, September 2014 comes as something of a relief! It offers a break of sorts during which we can catch our breath, take some time out and settle into our ‘new normal’. There has been a recent energetic theme which can best be characterised as the ‘return of the repressed’. This Freudian term is used to denote the emergence into consciousness of repressed thoughts, feelings and memories many of which we may have believed were over and done with. Such a process often occurs at times of intense change, largely because it is our unconscious which conspires to prevent us from changing in fundamentally life-altering ways. During a time such as we have been through these past few months, the gates to the unconscious are flung open with every suppressed fear, denied emotion, ignored desire bursting out to assault our senses and do its level best to keep us from stepping out of our comfort zone. Just when we thought we’d dealt with our lack of self-worth bam! Self-hatred rears its ugly head the likes of which we’ve not encountered in a long time. Just when we thought that depression we struggled with for so long was healed, there it is again, penetrating every corner with its heavy, oppressive presence. Just when we thought we’d really got to grips with ‘this whole compassion thing’, we can’t bear to be in the same room as anyone else for fear of ripping their head off! We can end up feeling like nothing has changed and we’re simply the same person we were a year, two years, ten or twenty years ago!!

Loves my beautiful friend, pm if you want to wallow/whinge/vent. x

• Like 8