So whatcha doing?

Brioski

@Reciprocity I do hope that your story puts a heavy conviction upon your friend to quit and leave his addictions behind. Cigarettes, weed, and vaping? I feel sorry for him. Maybe check on him in 6-8 weeks to see if he mentions anything? But how did the fishing go?

1 hour ago, intoxicated yoda said:

And I am still at that stage where I do enjoy the smell of a freshly lit cig. 

Me too Yoda. Me too. But I will say that I was shut up in a car with a smoking brother and sister last week and I literally got nauseated. My eyes were burning and my throat started hurting. Seriously took a shower, washed my hair, brushed my teeth, and immediately laundered the clothes I had on when I got home. It was bad. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gus said:

@Reciprocity  But how did the fishing go?

Well; it was a beautiful day! Sunny and about 72 degrees with almost no wind so nice for a day on the lake. Fish were chillaxing too I guess because we only got 1

I caught it but am not great at taking them off the hook as they seem to be pretty angry at that point 😲

fishing-scared.gif.f5a566d222c74cc1c62719a6d79a1389.gif

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...

Very cool!!!!

im bummed my hubs didn’t put out our graveyard yet lol. We have a long driveway and usually put headstones on trees going up the driveway. Last year I remember enjoying and also not enjoying having a few cigs while he did it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Brioski said:

Very cool!!!!

im bummed my hubs didn’t put out our graveyard yet lol. We have a long driveway and usually put headstones on trees going up the driveway. Last year I remember enjoying and also not enjoying having a few cigs while he did it. 

Oh that first year quit. Beware those seasonal triggers and stay the course :) All part of the healing!

• Like 5

The wife & I went for a drive today, going up to a huge farmer's market up in Mennonite country - about 1.5 hours away.  Suddenly I excitedly tell the wife to 'Pull in over there!" Pointing to a property that was displaying a bunch of random animal lawn ornaments. 

These weren't just normal lawn ornaments, these were HUGE lawn ornaments!

I had spotted a big yellow chicken that for some reason caught my attention. It was bright yellow with a red hooded head and a orangish beak. As she pulled into the place, I jumped out of the car to get a closer look. The chicken stood about 6 foot tall an probably 3 foot wide? 

It was a nice chicken ... I mean, really nice. I admit I was smitten a little bit with this massive painted hunk of formed concrete 😍 I imagined it sitting proudly on my front lawn; the neighbors in awe of my new home decor addition, I was already planning on adding a sound system that could be controlled from my cell phone. I'd record chicken sounds then amplify them and play them as people walked by on the sidewalk across the street from our house. It was going to be a real head-turner!!

The whole dream came to a sudden crashing halt when the farmer that was there told me the price  .. 2 grand 😱😵 I had figured maybe a couple of hundred bucks? But ... 2 grand - NO WAY!!

I was so devastated I forgot to even take a pic of my lovely chicken. Just got in the car and told the wife to drive on. Man; was I bummed out☹️

Needless to say, there's no giant yellow chicken sitting on my front lawn tonight 😠 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wife & I helping Daughter & Son-In-Law move stuff from old house to the new house they just bought. Did a lot of work moving boxes of household stuff before the movers come for the big stuff tomorrow.

There will still be all the stuff after that that they needed at the old place until the furniture all is moved so will be busy again tomorrow and probably Tuesday as well. Their old house closes on Wed.

I'm too old for this stuff! My aches & pains have aches & pains! Hoping this is the very last time I do this!

Moving.gif.4afc847da3e49fd0f20e68956e5bb5f3.gif

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Reciprocity said:

So yeah; I like to save a bit of $$ when I can, given the price of groceries these days but it was a hard pass on savings when looking at some medium ground beef recently at the store!

644813464_MeatPacks.thumb.JPG.d01b72455321e28a57c195a4ac29c0f3.JPG

That's disgusting 🤢  🤮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

That's disgusting 🤢  🤮 

I pointed it out to a guy stocking shelves nearby. He just said; oh, ground beef goes that way when it's been out for a couple of days but when you mix it up, it'll go back to looking normal again.

confused.gif.44b96cc92d6e6066ef609cb9a78d739a.gif

Right then I knew there was no point in further comment from me!

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbor across the street brought me a huge plate of turkey and all the fixing, even gave me a piece of 3 different desserts so I'm thinking of trying pumpkin pie for the first time in my life, I know I'm getting all crazy and the wot not 😂 

• Like 2

Whatttttttt?! Never tried pumpkin pie?! Inconceivable. Try it let us know what you think!! My bday is in October and my bday “cake” used to be pumpkin pie every year lol. Me and my fam make it from scratch every year from actual pumpkins. Which ones did u get nice neighbor! Lol

Happy Thanksgiving bunny friend ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jillar said:

My neighbor across the street brought me a huge plate of turkey and all the fixing, even gave me a piece of 3 different desserts so I'm thinking of trying pumpkin pie for the first time in my life, I know I'm getting all crazy and the wot not 😂 

pretty sure I've never had pumpkin pie either.  being from the south we always had sweet potato pie.  so tell me jilly, how was it?

• Like 1