Then vs Now

A typical Sat morning I had as a smoker:

Never slept much on Friday nights, as I was a closet smoker and tried to catch up on my cigs Friday night. So watched a lot of shows on dvr and went outside a bunch.  Into the mornings, hung out on the couch bleary eyed trying to sleep some and relax a bit, but usually I was pretty anxious.  Smoked more to try and relieve that anxiety.

This morning:

Had a cup of instant and jogged around the lake.  (I think it's about 4 miles)  Drank some kind of green superfood amazing grass powder stuff mixed with water.  I don't sleep that much on Fridays still, but the anxiety is pretty much gone.  Amazing how that goes away when you no longer have to live with the fact that you are actively killing yourself smoking.

stock-vector-run-girl-run-cartoon-girl-r

• Like 11

Great post Ava....

I carnt believe the energy I've got now......I had 52 years being lethargic ,the difference is amazing.....

We thought it was normal...it's not normal.

Now if I'm super exhausted, I don't have that internal dialogue, ''is this a smoking related disease, or am I just tired?"

• Like 1

I always hated that exhausted feeling, your body was always sluggish and tired, knew it was down to smoking but always denied it, now yes I still get tired, but its a good tired if you know what I mean, a day spent having fun with my son, a day spent doing the housework, a couple of hours exercising, no more sluggish feelings and that heavy limbed sensation after smoking.  Jeeeshh how dumb we were xx

• Like 1

To give another perspective, I sleep less but wake more refreshed and have about triple the energy I had as a smoker generally. Unlike you I never knew smoking took this from me!! 

I'm not drinking green gloop though ;)

• Like 1

Love this post!  I'm glad you are enjoying the benefits of not smoking.  It was such a chore to be a smoker.  Even more so if you were a closet smoker because it requires so much work to keep under wraps and you tend to go longer periods without your fix.   Ughh.  Why did we ever want to live that way!!