On my 5th day after quitting cigarettes! I just smoked one! I slipped and panicked

Leenyc3

I also cut way back for a time and it never worked for me either. I would smoke 1 to 3 a day. Take a few puffs and put it down and save it for later. A bad day comes along and and I would smoke 10 or more. It is very tough at first to get your mind set and fight through the crave to smoke but you can do it. None of us that have quit own any special ability except we just had it with the back and forth stop and start. Best wishes in your quest to find that. Keep in mind that to keep trying no matter how many times you do this is a victory of sorts and better than  giving up. Hang in there and stay strong. It will happen if you keep at it.

• Like 4

It was all or nothing for me.  I was going to do it or I was not.  I picked all, it has not been pleasant or easy but I am almost to six months.  You will struggle and you will think is it worth it;  Yes you are worth it and yes we can do it. Just take it each day and you will find out you are strong and you do matter.

• Like 4

@Leenyc3 Don't know if you have read Allen Carr's book, "Easy Way.." but that certainly helped me understand my addiction in a different way. Or maybe I was ready to understand it in a different way. The "cutting down" only serves to keep the addiction alive. I would venture to guess there are folks out there who can do that. But I am not one of them. Wishing you strength on your journey.

• Like 3

@Leenyc3, please use all the support here to help you past the crave BEFORE you smoke. That's why we're here every day. Relapsing so easily leads me to believe you may not be ready to quit just yet? Do you still have cigarettes in your possession? If so, throw them away. 

When I quit, I failed to empty all the ashtrays and proceeded to smoke all the butts throughout the day so that my quit time instead of 5:00 pm ended up being 10:00 pm, We addicts just can't have that temptation around if we want to succeed.............

• Like 2

Re read all the posts on the Main Discussion Smoking Board...they are pinned in green ...

You have to Gain all the knowledge ....to fight the beast ...

It's no good going half in ...you have to put your whole self in ....

It has to be the most important thing in your life must now ....

Understanding this horrible addiction ....this is what will help you along ....

• Like 2