A light blue Bic lighter……Everywhere!

Strange morning. I went for my first brisk walk this morning, and on my way out the door, I spied a light blue Bic cigarette lighter on an end table. After I finished my 20 minute jaunt, I came back inside, to see another light blue lighter on a different table. Then, when passing through the Dining Room…. Yup, a third one, also light blue. It’s not weird, if you know me. I would always buy light blue lighters to match my pretty light blue American Spirit packs. It seems I always had,  either 8 lighters, or I couldn’t find one.  And, Yes, I was one of the folks who deluded myself into thinking, if I smoked “all natural” cigarettes, I was less likely to suffer any harm. I am sure some of you can relate. Something about seeing all those lighters, this morning, made me feel a certain way. I am not quite sure exactly what it was, though. A little nostalgic, perhaps? A bit like,  I am missing something! Having those lighters laying around may be a trigger for me.  So, I think I shall put them away, and only grab one when it’s time to light the candles on John’s Birthday Cake, next month.

KAT

• Like 4

Chuck them ....

It's a part of your life ..you don't need anymore ....yes keep one ...

I remember when I used to shop for the best posh lighter I could find ....

No plain lighter for this gal ...if I was going to kill myself ....why not do it style .....Junkie Thinking !!!!!

• Like 2

I used to buy them in the five packs and you can look in any of my several junks drawers and find one. I also used to collect lighters so I have a bunch of cool ones in my display cabinet. A lighter is just a lighter...............(said the gal almost five years quit :) ). You'll get to that point too @Katgirl :) 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

So, I think I shall put them away

Smart girl. I think we have enough battles to fight without purposely leaving triggers laying around and out in the open. 🤗

• Like 2

I have 25 (maybe more) lighters in my top dresser drawer. The gas stations around here always generous, always giving me free lighters with my nicotine addiction purchases. I lived through The 'Super Derecho' of May 8,  2009 lol don't judge....the lighters stay. :)

• Like 2

I remember always getting a free lighter for buying a carton @Dianne and they were always the cheapo ones that the flint would fly out of lol😂 

But yea, I kept mine to and just put them away. Lots of other uses for them

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2

I put them in a drawer. Out of sight, out of mind. Remember, I still have a matching light blue pack of American Spirits to match, put away, in a drawer. I know most won’t agree with my reasoning, but for me, it keeps me from panicking because I don’t have immediate access to cigarettes. Maybe I’m just weird. Knowing they are close by oddly comforts me…..Having said that, they are, necessarily, out of my sight. 

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jillar said:

I remember always getting a free lighter for buying a carton @Dianne and they were always the cheapo ones that the flint would fly out of lol😂 

But yea, I kept mine to and just put them away. Lots of other uses for them

Now, you are lucky to get matches, when you buy a pack. Most places don’t have them, when you ask. BTW, how do I get peoples’ names to come up in blue with the @ sign?

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 2

I remember carrying a pack of matches in my purse just in case my lighter died or I lost it (dedicated smoker, I know!) and there usually ended up being an occasion to have to pull them out. They were so old by then that I'd have to use the whole pack of matches before one would light and stay lit long enough to light the damn cigarette lol😂

• Like 3

@Katgirl just type the @ sign then start typing the members name and you will see a list of possible members pop up. Click on the member name and it will "tag" them😊 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1