Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just Quit for the Second Time

Featured Replies

Oh @Katgirl, that sounds terrible. I hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe its everything you did catching up with you. 

Since having respiratory failure I get anxiety attacks and find if I just breathe in slowly and do pursed lip breathing out I can calm myself down fairly quickly.🤗

  • Replies 81
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hi, Dianne! I read your initial post and was worried about you. Glad you are hanging in! You quit on my only daughter’s Birthday!  (I have 3 sons). Keep up the good work!

  • Because sometimes they stir up the difficult memories and I am sure the loss of your husband was very devastating.   So glad you have made the decision to quit.  You sound like you have many wonderful

  • Welcome aboard the freedom train. There is a lot of great support here. Read all the info you can on the train. Share your journey with us too!! Congratulations on your week quit.

Posted Images

Hope you feel better @Katgirl.  It must be terribly hard to have to live with this.  Why get pissed off at it, it's no different from any other disorder - we all live with something or the other.  You're doing all the right things and that's all you can do, isn't it?

  • Author

Thank you, @jillar, and @d2e8b8. I did use my 4-7-8 breathing technique, and it did help.  And d, you are right. We all have our crosses to bear. It’s just that I try so hard to be perfect. I am a Typa A personality, and those 2 factors may be at the root of my anxiety disorder. The good news is that I do have the tools to deal with it, including good meds. Doctors do not like to hand out Benzos anymore, but my Doc has known me for years, and trusts that I won’t abuse them. I just did another 30 minutes of moderately intensive cardio, which always helps, too.

Sorry you having a bad time Katgirl ....

I can only try and imagine how frustrating this can be ....

Your doing all the right things ... excersise..happy endorphins.....

Deep breaths ...

Nobody is perfect .....all we can all do is our best ....❤️🐸

Sorry your having a hard time, you are right life isn't fair 

Sometimes. But none of us are perfect and we have to

make the best of what we have. Hope your feeling 

better

I’m sorry that you are going through this. I know exactly how it feels. Sometimes it makes me think that I am not allowed to be happy, on top of the world, or just completely comfortable in myself or where I am at in life. But I muster on. Breathing exercises help me the most. They ground me.  I surely hope that you are over this latest attack.  Praying for a happy day! 🤗

I sorry Katgirl hope you feeling better today. Anxiety is a tough hard thing. Sending a prayer and virtual hug :)

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.