April 29, 20215 yr Damm I feel like a broken record, same shit. Feel like I'm falling down the rabbit whole.Thought I was over the tough part.Feeling pretty overwhelmed by stuff right now, can't seem to get past it. Life just sucks right now pretty discouraged right now. I've tried using all the suggestions and help I have gotten from this forum but without any results. It sucks Edited April 29, 20215 yr by Linda Spellig
April 29, 20215 yr @Linda, have you tried just giving yourself a break? You don't need to take on the weight of the world right now so be kind to yourself. We smoked for a lot of years so being 3 months quit or almost five years quit like me is really just a drop in the bucket in comparison to how long we smoked. Life sucks for a lot of us right now but I know that smoking will only make things worse. Not only will life still suck but I will also have to feed my addiction all over again, NO THANKS! So, be kind to yourself, take a long hot bath, go give some love at your local animal shelter or phone someone who makes you happy. Or if you want, just have a bad mood day! That's ok too. Just remember that smoking won't change a darn thing, xoxo
April 29, 20215 yr Life throws out some crappy curve balls ...it's just ....Life .... Even folks who have never smoked have awful times ....... Smoking wouldn't change it at all....it would make you feel worse ...for throwing away your great quit Do something nice for you every day ... Have you got someone you can do something special with ....it might only be a walk in the park .. Edited April 29, 20215 yr by Doreensfree
April 29, 20215 yr Hugs Linda. Keep going . It may seem like two steps back but getting through will bring you forward . Smoking will only bring you back to having to redo those days weeks and months that you have so worked hard for. It is not worth it to let them go now. Keep posting ok , its no bother . Anything you have to share whether new or repeated is what you are needing to do for you and your quit . We are here for you a million times over .
April 29, 20215 yr Quitting wasn't what I thought it would be when I quit either. I was always frustrated that I could not see any difference from one day or even one week to the next. The process is slow .... very slow but that doesn't mean it's not happening - it is! You really just need to continue to be patient and do what you've been doing. As Jillar said, when you feel really down go treat yourself. Do something, anything, that will bring you pleasure. Something outside of your normal daily routine. You're saving a ton of $$ by not smoking. Spend some of that on pampering yourself. We all deserve pampering while we're going through the ugly parts of our quit process. Sometimes you just need to step back, take a deep breath and focus on any positives you have seen since you stopped smoking.
April 29, 20215 yr I so sorry Linda! Maybe it would help if you looked back on some of the words and encouragement you gave others here. A reminder to yourself stay with us here ...one breath ...one moment at a time.... but stay on this train and be kind to yourself. You deserve that kindness. Wishing you the best Linda!
April 29, 20215 yr @LindaI have had a pretty up and down month this last month. Dealt with some pretty negative things and people. Believe me, smoking won't change a thing and will only make you feel worse. Trust me, I know. Like Jill said, just give yourself a break. You are worth it.
April 29, 20215 yr Sending you hugs Linda, be kind to yourself, don't beat yourself up at all, you are doing awesome. Smoking wont make life any better, it will still suck and you will beat yourself up even more. In time those feelings are going to get further and further apart, trust me on that one okay, quitting is hard, but each day you power through you are telling yourself just how much you are worth, believe in yourself, we do.
May 5, 20215 yr Glad you're feeling better Linda. Wow, all the kind replies are truely heartwarming. Gotta love da Train!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.