Questions For Admin?

Instead of sending a PM I thought this thread could be used to ask questions - forum related as others might have the same questions to ask

Q - Is the Orange theme here to stay or is it a problem on my computer why I cannot change it back to the old presentation?

Q - can guests post or do they need to be members first?

Instead of sending a PM I thought this thread could be used to ask questions - forum related as others might have the same questions to ask

Q - Is the Orange theme here to stay or is it a problem on my computer why I cannot change it back to the old presentation?

Q - can guests post or do they need to be members first?

This is a good idea.  I'll make this thread stick around somewhere. :)

The blue/orange theme is here to stay.  The original theme is still here, just hidden from the drop down box because our logo is too large for the original header and although I can change the size of the header to accommodate the logo, it doesn't look too good.  I never really thought about it until now, but perhaps I can have the designer who created this theme for me (yeah, I picked the colors etc., :) ) create another theme using mostly shades of blue & gray.

Guests cannot post.  The main reason is because I don't want spam bots littering our site.  We've had a few human spammers but they've been removed.  Guests can only read the forums and cannot view the member list, member profiles or the OTR forum.  I've set the guest permissions so they can read pretty much everything and get a good idea about who we are but at the same time, protect members' privacy.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

MQ... I was kinda wondering if everyone has to log in everytime.  I get on several times a day and every time I have to put my username and password in.  And yes...I do have that box checked that says remember me.  I am wondering if it is a site issue or maybe an issue while I am here at work.

• 3 weeks later...

That was you? lol  I thought it was Tracey.  Tracey steals blogs too. :tease:

The cheek of you taking the credit for my fabulous off the record idea!!

No, I distinctly remember this being Sue's idea. She wanted it to post pics of family and selfies, so not any Joe could access.

We're still waiting on her's......

• Like 1