TODAY is my day

Margeetx

Well folks....  I am going against a lot your great advice.  I have spent today reading, listening to Joel’s videos, and finishing my last pack.  I keep thinking about my Mother, and how she quit cold turkey, back in 1986.   I can remember her holding my youngest brother, breast feeding him, smoking a cigarette.  Though I never breastfed my children, I never smoked while feeding them.  I did afterwards.  At that time, I had only been smoking a couple of years.   Knowing what I know about addiction....my head is so full of “stinking thinking” today.

I feel like my patients used to tell me about “making sure that they had that last drink,or drug hit before admission to the hospital...”  

I imagine that I will need to tell you all about my health scares since 10/15, and now the subsequent aftermath.  I WILL NOT USE THIS AS A REASON TO GIVE UP MY PLAN TO STOP.

Give me strength,kindness, and hope.

xxoo

• Like 5

Brilliant news Margee....

Jillar has given you great advice ...

I would like to remind you about our daily NOPE thread ....

It was a massive help in my quit ...once I made that promise ...no way was I going to let the board down and smoke ...

The days soon added up....

Stay close to us ...post ,post,post,...help others that follow ...this makes your own quit stronger ..

You can do it ...

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Margeetx said:

Give me strength,kindness, and hope.

Welcome Margeetx. Don't worry about the kindness part.  It's okay to be a little cranky in the early days of your quit. Replace "kindness" with "commitment". If you've got that, there's no way you can fail. 

• Like 4

Margee, there is not hope necessary because you CAN do this.  I am sending some strength and kindness.  Know that we are here to help guide you on this journey.  Now is the time to just keep looking forward to a life free of nicotine.  

giphy (3).gif

blog_kindnessculture2017.gif

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Margeetx said:

hey Buttlicker:  I typed up  a blog entry but did not post it correctly, so it shows as general information about the blog....not a blog entry.  Can it be fixed?
Thanks.

xxoo

Although the name buttlicker had me lmao you can just call me jillar 😂 So I was able to put your general info into your blog as an entry. Also the daily NOPE threads is a forum here https://www.quittrain.com/forum/4-the-daily-nope-pledge/ not on the calendar 😊

How's your first day quit going?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

oh Jillar"........thank you for repairing my first blog entry....you are just a dear.  I really don’t know how I managed to mess it up.

I am fearful of going to sleep;  what if I go stark raving mad in the morning with my coffee and no cigarette??? I have visions of me running down the street ( as if I could run...haha ), screaming like a mad woman.  

instead, I am planning a brand new routine for the first cup of coffee...

think different- do different.  I think I am going to cook my Sweetie a gourmet breakfast....he will surely faint with a smile on his face.

xxoo

• Like 3

I'm sure your Sweetie ...will love you forever !!!!

I completely changed all my breakfast routine ....no coffee....Orange juice ....shower ....

Then ate breakfast....before it was ...Get up... coffee ,smoke...coffee ,smoke ...coffee, smoke ...

Well you get it ...do something differently works ...

• Like 2

Welcome @Margeetx and Congratulations on your Quit!

Morning routine in my first few weeks of quitting:  Sipping coffee sitting in front of my laptop and exploring the materials on Quittrain, reading and making posts!  Before you know it, the morning cravings are gone.  Great routine for starting off with your quit.

You can do this!

• Like 2

Changing your routines is a big thing when it comes to conquering cravings. This will help by getting your mind off of smoking because it will be processing things in a whole new order without cigarettes. You can beat the nicotine monster just like we all have. It's a little uncomfortable at first by the rewards are so worth in the long run. You got this and we will be here to help support you along the way.

• Like 3